HELP!!! Found baby bird

SoccerMom2

We found a baby bird that was just hatched. It feel out of our dryer vent outside. The eyes aren't open, no feathers and is still moving. What can do to save this little bird? It keeps opening its beak, what can i feed it?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
We found a baby bird that was just hatched. It feel out of our dryer vent outside. The eyes aren't open, no feathers and is still moving. What can do to save this little bird? It keeps opening its beak, what can i feed it?

when I was a kid, my neighbors tore the ivy off the side of their house, they were throwing the baby birds they found into the trash can, I would get them and bring them home. I raised a bunch, started them with bread dipped in milk, rolled it out like a worm, then I started digging worms out of the yard, I had about 4 that made it and flew away.

SoccerMom2

when I was a kid, my neighbors tore the ivy off the side of their house, they were throwing the baby birds they found into the trash can, I would get them and bring them home. I raised a bunch, started them with bread dipped in milk, rolled it out like a worm, then I started digging worms out of the yard, I had about 4 that made it and flew away.

It is eating slowly.

SoccerMom2

Now we found a couple more inside the vent. I tried putting the nest back in the vent like it said to online but it won't fit. I would have to take the other babies out and try to fit them in a smaller nest and try to get it to fit back in. At the angle my vent is and the top that is on it it wouldn't work. How in the hell do birds do it. I will try to do my best to nurse the baby bird.

Matthew

I think there is a wild life sanctuary on 301 near Marlton, but I can't remember the name. Try the Humanse Society,,,they may know.

Katelin

one day the dark will end

Per USFW: Illegal to keep birds w/o a permit.

Do you really want to save it?

FYI: If you keep it, you will need to feed it every 15-20 minutes during daylight hours.
FYI: You need to feed it the correct amount and not overfill its crop.
FYI: You will need to keep its nest clean every time it poops ( 15-20 minutes)
FYI: A wildlife sanctuary will not take in orphaned and injured wildife.
FYI: Put it back out where you found it and perhaps mom will come back and raise it, or nature will care for it.
FYI: Dont mess with something if you dont know how to care for it.
FYI: Not every bird eats worms or cat food.
FYI: Dont believe everyone on here with their stories of how they cared for a bird...
FYI: If you know how you CAN renest the birds....and it means not reading "HOW TO" on line....it is easy to do.

FYI: Tri-State Bird Rescue will take the birds to raise them by well trained experts.

One last thing: What kind of bird is it?

Good Luck...and remember...every 15-20 minutes you have to feed it until it can feed itself...1-2-3 weeks!
:howdy: