shooting at geese

SugarBear47

There's been someone up in St. John's Creek shooting at geese, probably using a pellet gun. I wish they'd stop now. We have several geese with broken wings that are stuck here because they can't even fly away. Probably kids or someone trying to run them off their property. Hey I don't like them either, but if they have to shoot at them then they should kill them.

IHDU

Does it really matter?
There's been someone up in St. John's Creek shooting at geese, probably using a pellet gun. I wish they'd stop now. We have several geese with broken wings that are stuck here because they can't even fly away. Probably kids or someone trying to run them off their property. Hey I don't like them either, but if they have to shoot at them then they should kill them.

:doh:

SugarBear47

shooting geese

Have you called the sheriff's department?

No I haven't yet. I was hoping it would stop. So it looks like I have no other choice but to call the sheriff. Makes me so sad to see a wounded animal. I did call a vet who said once the wing is broken it can't be fixed or heal back. Course local vets don't do birds anyway, so I don't know how true that info is.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm sure that the shooters won't read this on the internet and stop shooting.

Katelin

one day the dark will end
Call Dept of Natural Resources...geese are protected under the migratory bird act and while they are hunted, it is within a season with a license.
Or call USFW in Annapolis.
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Office of Law Enforcement
177 Admiral Cochrane Dr.
Annapolis, MD 21401

Phone: 410/573-4514
Fax: 410/224-2735

DNR natural resources Police:

Southern Region Waldorf Office (Area 4)
2160 Old Washington Road, Waldorf, MD 20601
Tel: (800) 628-9944

Calvert, Charles, and St. Marys counties

Southern Region Commander - Captain Quincy Shockley
Southern Region Area 4 Commander - Lieutenant Charles Sauter

SugarBear47

shooting geese

Call Dept of Natural Resources...geese are protected under the migratory bird act and while they are hunted, it is within a season with a license.
Or call USFW in Annapolis.
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Office of Law Enforcement
177 Admiral Cochrane Dr.
Annapolis, MD 21401

Phone: 410/573-4514
Fax: 410/224-2735

DNR natural resources Police:

Southern Region Waldorf Office (Area 4)
2160 Old Washington Road, Waldorf, MD 20601
Tel: (800) 628-9944

Calvert, Charles, and St. Marys counties

Southern Region Commander - Captain Quincy Shockley
Southern Region Area 4 Commander - Lieutenant Charles Sauter

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Yep local police said they don't do birds, it's a DNR issue. I appreciate the info.

chevylover

PIP ~ My Baby Boy!
No I haven't yet. I was hoping it would stop. So it looks like I have no other choice but to call the sheriff. Makes me so sad to see a wounded animal. I did call a vet who said once the wing is broken it can't be fixed or heal back. Course local vets don't do birds anyway, so I don't know how true that info is.

We had a wounded one at a farm I worked at as a kid and it stayed for about a year. It's wing healed and he flew away the following year with the rest of them. He became pretty tame and we fed him while he was there. He'd eat right from our hands. I don't know exactly what was wrong with his wing, it just kind of hung down from his side for a while, but eventually it healed, and he went on his merry way.