Someone needs to invent

BuddyLee

Football addict
Someone needs to invent cds that wont scratch!!! they would make a killing!!! now no one steal my idea im getting it patented as we speak:lol:

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by kwillia
*bump* for Otter :otter:
Since you used his name and his smilie, does that cancel it out? :confused:

Shouldn't you have just said either,
*bump* for :otter:
or
*bump* for Otter...

:shrug:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by BuddyLee
Someone needs to invent cds that wont scratch!!! they would make a killing!!! now no one steal my idea im getting it patented as we speak:lol:
How do you figure "they would make a killing!!!"? Seems that if you don't make them scratch proof you would make as much or more because people need to replace the scratched ones.

Besides, I think the next concept to catch on will be the flash packs where you download your music into a transportable memory unit.

Or you could just get a CD burner, make a duplicate and store the original as a master copy.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by willie
BuddyLee, was that you stocking prunes at about 2pm at SFW yesterday?
He probably thinks they are brain food, which would explain a lot. :killingme

Toxick

Splat

This is an interesting idea.

I'm sure there's some sort of scratch proof polymer out there. Unfortunatly, being scratch proof probably makes it rather difficult to etch the music or data into the plastic.

BuddyLee

Football addict
nope

Originally posted by willie
BuddyLee, was that you stocking prunes at about 2pm at SFW yesterday?

nope that was probably Chris.

Ken say you buy a CD and after awhile you get a few minor scratches in it that makes some of your favorite songs skip. would you want to go out and replace most of your CDs all over again for 10-20 bucks a piece?? i think id rather pay a few dollars more for a scratch proof cd:wink:

Ken King

PREMO Member
Re: nope

nope that was probably Chris.

Ken say you buy a CD and after awhile you get a few minor scratches in it that makes some of your favorite songs skip. would you want to go out and replace most of your CDs all over again for 10-20 bucks a piece?? i think id rather pay a few dollars more for a scratch proof cd:wink:
Read it again Slick. I said why would they want to make them scratch proof as they can get you to purchase them again once they are scratched, making more bucks for them and the artist. I also offered the solution of buying a burner, creating a duplicate and saving the original as a master so you can copy it again if needed.

Maybe if you weren't so careless with them you wouldn't get them all scratched up. This isn't a new issue, you should have seen how careful we had to be back when all we had were LPs and 45s. Take care of your stuff and it survives.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Re: Re: nope

Originally posted by Ken King
Read it again Slick. I said why would they want to make them scratch proof as they can get you to purchase them again once they are scratched, making more bucks for them and the artist. I also offered the solution of buying a burner, creating a duplicate and saving the original as a master so you can copy it again if needed.

Maybe if you weren't so careless with them you wouldn't get them all scratched up. This isn't a new issue, you should have seen how careful we had to be back when all we had were LPs and 45s. Take care of your stuff and it survives.

Again if they made a CD like i proposed and charged a few more dollars they would still be making a profit. how many people do you know are going to go buy a CD 3 or 4 times in their lifetime. I do take care of my things, however scratches always seem to find their way somehow on my CDs. God only knows how they get their but they do. sounds like someone has an attitude problem:wink:

Ken King

PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: nope

sounds like someone has an attitude problem:wink:
Sounds more like someone doesn't take care of their stuff and is stupid.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
That is why I always make copies of the kids games before I give the CD to them. I ain't buying another copy of Dora, Scooby Doo, Pooh or whatever because they leave them lying around. DVDs are watched Verrrrrry carefully around my little 2 & 5 year old darlings & they ain't gettin a DVD player until they are old enough to take care of it.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Jlabsher,

That is the only way to go. Make a copy and store the original. Some people just don't get it and the prices for the gear has come way down. A Pioneer DVR-106 DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/+RW Writer DVR-106D With Nero Burning Software can be had for about $130 and the discs run about $35 bucks for a pack of 50.

A cheap investment when you consider the costs of games and music.

BuddyLee

Football addict
lol

Jlabsher,

That is the only way to go. Make a copy and store the original. Some people just don't get it and the prices for the gear has come way down. A Pioneer DVR-106 DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/+RW Writer DVR-106D With Nero Burning Software can be had for about $130 and the discs run about $35 bucks for a pack of 50.

A cheap investment when you consider the costs of games and music.

someone sure thinks they know it all...

your ignorance is only exceeded by your charm sir

Ken King

PREMO Member
Re: lol

someone sure thinks they know it all...

your ignorance is only exceeded by your charm sir
Is it that I know it all (which I have never claimed) or is it that you know so little (which you have regularly displayed)? And what is it that you claim that I am ignorant of?

My collection of CDs won't have to be repurchased because I, like many others, understand that damage can occur when they are in the hands of children like yourself and have taken measures to cheaply and readily replace those that become unusable without having to buy them again. If you don't understand that then I would say that you are the one that is ignorant.

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Re: Re: lol

Is it that I know it all (which I have never claimed) or is it that you know so little (which you have regularly displayed)? And what is it that you claim that I am ignorant of?

My collection of CDs won't have to be repurchased because I, like many others, understand that damage can occur when they are in the hands of children like yourself and have taken measures to cheaply and readily replace those that become unusable without having to buy them again. If you don't understand that then I would say that you are the one that is ignorant.

yes and i read your idea the last time. i just feel that mine is better. who knows my idea may be crap but this is how i see things.

i wasnt trying to make you sound ignorant until you made me sound so with your second post to this forum. i did nothing to harm you and you come off with such an attitude.

this is how i see it though. i would just like to go out and buy 1 cd that is scratch proof so that i would never have to go buy it again. instead of investing money into a cd burner or backup cds and all the other things you suggested i would rather pay a buck more for that cd. it would take more time to burn all the cds in your collection as well. just my thoughts dont bash me for them!

BuddyLee

Football addict
which?

Originally posted by *archimedes*
I bought my first CD in 1987 and it plays perfectly today. The best solution is to respect your possessions and the pussessions of others.

which cd did you buy?? or which band rather:confused: