Worried about my dog

K

Katie

She is normally happy and cuddly. The last day or so she has been queit and kind of aloof. She sleeps a lot and just isn't her normal velco dog self. This morning I took her out to go to the bathroom and she didn't fly up the stairs like she normally does. She just kind of dawdled up the stairs. Then she went back in her cage and went back to sleep. Usually she follows me all over the house while I get ready in the am, or crawls in bed with my DH.

I just am worried about her right now, maybe she just has an upset belly or something. :frown: :bawl:

K

Katie

Re: Re: Worried about my dog

Originally posted by kwillia
Is there a reason you don't want to take her to a vet...:confused: A dog can't communicate other than her actions and it sounds like her actions are saying a lot... I hope she is okay...:ohwell:

Well she is eating normally(inhaling her food) and drinking. Just not perky. My mom said if she is eating, and going potty that she might just feel off and to let her be. But I am a major worry wart.

I might take her tomorrow if she isn't better today. I will tell her daddy to watch her today.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
How long has she been at your house? She may be experiencing separation anxiety. Even though she knew you, etc... she is still used to her old house and has to adjust. Or has she been there a while and I just didn't realize it? :confused:

K

Katie

Well I took her to the vet's today. I was getting more and more nervous with her so I took half a day off and ran her to the vets. She has a UTI and is on Antibiotics to get rid of that. She was getting spoiled at the vet's office, and of course she christened every room in the vet clinic with her pee...:rolleyes:

Ponytail

Yep. Same thing my dog is going thru now. It'll only take a day to get her back to her normal chipper self. And the frequent pee stops will end pretty quickly too.

K

Katie

Originally posted by TIGGER6035
Normally it's just a puppy thing. You just need to train them well.:biggrin:

She isn't a puppy, she is 3. She just is a nervous pee'er.

When I get a puppy I will take a couple vacation days to work on housebreaking. My mother was a breeder so I grew up around peeing puppies and know how to housebreak.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by Katie
When I get a puppy I will take a couple vacation days to work on housebreaking. My mother was a breeder so I grew up around peeing puppies and know how to housebreak.

If you know how to housebreak a puppy in 2 days, please share the information. :cool: I've never heard of anyone being able to do it that fast. My Mom worked days and my Dad worked nights (so someone was always at home with the dog letting her out regularly) and each time we had a puppy it took at least a month or 2 to say she was 'really' trained.

My pup is doing well, but it's going to take some time.

K

Katie

Originally posted by PFgal
If you know how to housebreak a puppy in 2 days, please share the information. :cool: I've never heard of anyone being able to do it that fast. My Mom worked days and my Dad worked nights (so someone was always at home with the dog letting her out regularly) and each time we had a puppy it took at least a month or 2 to say she was 'really' trained.

My pup is doing well, but it's going to take some time.

Well it will end up being more then that, because I plan on getting it on a CWS day then doing it through the weekend in two days into the week. The pup won't be completely housebroken but well on its way. Also will do it when hubby is home for his 2 weeks(he is home all day and can take the baby out).

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
You've had that pup for over a week now and it's still not trained... we know who wears the milkbone undies in that family, huh...:bubble:

Maybe she should beat it with the newspaper. :shrug:

nomoney

Well it will end up being more then that, because I plan on getting it on a CWS day then doing it through the weekend in two days into the week. The pup won't be completely housebroken but well on its way. Also will do it when hubby is home for his 2 weeks(he is home all day and can take the baby out).

That dog will know damn well when he crapped or peed, and SURELY will have communicated with you and your hubby in some way. He should be able communicate his bodily functions in the same way he'll be able to tell you he wants a back scratch, or whatever else. I say your method is complete :bs: , but it doesn't matter - to each his own. I just don't agree with your method, obviously.:wink:

K

Katie

Originally posted by nomoney
That dog will know damn well when he crapped or peed, and SURELY will have communicated with you and your hubby in some way. He should be able communicate his bodily functions in the same way he'll be able to tell you he wants a back scratch, or whatever else. I say your method is complete :bs: , but it doesn't matter - to each his own. I just don't agree with your method, obviously.:wink:

That is fine that you don't agree with my method. Which by the way I have never posted.....

I don't believe in hitting a dog with a newspaper, or smushing the dogs nose into the poop.

K

Katie

Pssst... Katie... the last few posts were a play acting skit based on the pooped on bath mat tread.... think 'Saturday Night Live'...:wink:

OK late to catch a clue, I didn't read the bath mat thread.

nomoney

Pssst... Katie... the last few posts were a play acting skit based on the pooped on bath mat tread.... think 'Saturday Night Live'...:wink:

why would she take offense to it , its just a mature debate:shrug: