The need for more deputies!

LAWDAWG

When you get stopped or have a not so good experience with a deputy or trooper you don't want anymore of them. But when you really need help you love them. Right now Law Enforcement personnel levels in St. Mary's County are dangerously low. If action is not taken soon to increase the number of deputies then the county will be paying out big dollars in law suits due to liability. The current manning is insufficient to keep up with the ever growing amount of calls for service. The commissioners need to wake up and support local law enforcenment. 5 new deputies would not even dent the need. A minimum of 15-20 is needed immediately. Support your deputies because good or bad, like them or not when you need them they will always come to render assistance.:getdown: :dude: :thewave: :patriot:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by LAWDAWG
When you get stopped or have a not so good experience with a deputy or trooper you don't want anymore of them. But when you really need help you love them. Right now Law Enforcement personnel levels in St. Mary's County are dangerously low. If action is not taken soon to increase the number of deputies then the county will be paying out big dollars in law suits due to liability. The current manning is insufficient to keep up with the ever growing amount of calls for service. The commissioners need to wake up and support local law enforcenment. 5 new deputies would not even dent the need. A minimum of 15-20 is needed immediately. Support your deputies because good or bad, like them or not when you need them they will always come to render assistance.:getdown: :dude: :thewave: :patriot:
If there aren't enough to respond to calls, how come I always see two or three deputies cars pulled up next to each other chatting while they are supposed to be running radar? Or just see two or three cars sitting in the parking lot while they chat? And I can leave and come back by half an hour later and they are still there...we're not talking a 5 minute conversation...

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Re: Re: Re: The need for more deputies!

Originally posted by *archimedes*
They're conducting investigations :duh: Do deputies even run radar? I thought the MSPD handled traffic :confused:
I don't think they were conducting investigations. They have radar, I've rarely seen them set up traps, but the bf was caught speeding by a deputy with radar. MSP provide most highway patrol though.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I hope Zylak gets his funding for more deputies.

Speaking of funding, I'm sure there are reasons for it but I've always wondered why does each deputy need their own personal cruiser (which they can use of their personal use as well)? Why can't they share?

Danzig

Originally posted by tys_mommy
Speaking of funding, I'm sure there are reasons for it but I've always wondered why does each deputy need their own personal cruiser (which they can use of their personal use as well)? Why can't they share?

How else do you expect them to get to Wawa's to moonlight? You don't want them to use their own car and gas and put wear and tear on their car. Plus with a cool police car they can park in the fire zone and other "no parking" places.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by Danzig
How else do you expect them to get to Wawa's to moonlight? You don't want them to use their own car and gas and put wear and tear on their car. Plus with a cool police car they can park in the fire zone and other "no parking" places.
And leave it running outside of Walmart while they are doing the additional Christmas Security thing....and drive around the school parking lot in a Mustang while looking for skippers instead of breaking up the fight in the cafeteria...Effing ridiculous.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Hey, if it is such a slacker job, why don't you or your slacker b/f join the force? They are almost always hiring :yay:
I didn't say it was a slacker job. There are some very good deputies out there. And I'm glad that they're out there, because I couldn't do it. But there are a few that are slackers. It seems like it is always the same ones I see slacking off. I'm just stating my observations :shrug:

Elle

Happy Camper!
if the happen upon an accident or crime or whatever they must comport themselves as a law enforcement officer. It is for your benefit.

But I learned in a class I took that if you have certified training in MD you are supposed to stop at an accident always, not only if you are in an emergency vehicle.

Danzig

Originally posted by Ehesef
And leave it running outside of Walmart while they are doing the additional Christmas Security thing....and drive around the school parking lot in a Mustang while looking for skippers instead of breaking up the fight in the cafeteria...Effing ridiculous.

You forgot ‘them’ driving thru the Wildwood parking lot in the cool Mustang and watching the ‘law breaking’ skateboarders and then smashing into a light pole and setting off the air bag and doing thousands of dollars in damages to the car and the pole..... priceless.:killingme

My favorite police car is the expeditions; I think they should get a few more of them.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by Danzig
the cool Mustang
The thing that kills me is that they bought these in order to "connect" with the kids of St. Mary's, but then, with an exception or two, assigned complete d*cks to drive them and work in the schools.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
You should take pictures with your digital and email them to Sheriff Zoltan.
Might do just that. And what's with the Zoltan thing?

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Personally I like it when my neighbor parks hi cruiser at the end of his driveway, you should see the idiots that cruise in their noisy little hondas jam onthe brakes and turn down their stereos when they spot him! :biggrin:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Do you think all of the deputies have that training? I don't know, and I would think there are liability issues. I wouldn't render aid to anyone who I thought could sue me outside of my official capacity as a law officer. Hell, I wouldn't render aid period, too many sue happy cretins out there.

Probably not, but I asked why they needed to drive the cars for personal use and you said to stop at accidents and crime scenes. I’m just trying to figure out the reason they need the cars for their personal use b/c I’ve always wondered:shrug:

Oh and I'm almost sure they are covered under the Good Samaritan law as far as liability.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by kwillia
Ehesef... sounds like you have a beef with getting caught breaking the rules too many times...:shrug:
Nope, never have been in any trouble when I was in school or with the law. I do have a beef with people who think that they are better than you and above the same law they enforce because they have a badge. I've made complaints to the Sherrif's Dept in the past about inappropriate harrassment (as has my step-mother) and nothing has ever come of it. I'm sorry if I sound like sour grapes, but I'm just going off of my personal experiences.