Music

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I like mostly classic rock, such as The Stones
some of the Beatles, Heart, Fleetwood Mac, used to get into Heavy Metal, but that's fading. I'm finding Blues to be interesting,
such as John Mayall, B.B. King. Country & Western in the newer genre like George Strait's style is also good. Smooth Jazz with a good bass beat and piano/guitar accompaniment is fine, but ya gotta be careful when/where you play it--SNZZZZ!
Funny, like a lot of folks here, I cannot stand Rap or any of it's offshoots; duh duh, duh duh duh, duh dah
duh dah duh dah. Duh!!! Almost every Rap song has that same vocal synch-- check it out.

penncam

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
A Funny Thing Happened to Me Yesterday

I (30-something) was at Hyperspace with my daughter and my friend (20-something) and her daughter (same age as mine - 3).

Anyway, we are sitting at the table (the girls in the habitrail) and my friend walked away for a moment, in that time another mother (30-something) came up to me and asked me if I thought that the music that was playing in the background was, well, offensive and to loud. (i.e. Z104 or 99.1WHFS type music)

I replied no, it didn't bother me and that I listened to the same at home. She looked shocked and said, YOU listen to TEENAGE music at home? And I said well, yes I do. She said, don't you have trouble hearing your child up in the skymaze and I replied no, just as my daughter & her friend SHRIEKED and I looked up and waved.

She just stood there looking at me like I was nuts and like I should agree with her, then stated, You listen to teenage music at home.... very interesting and wandered away.

Was I wrong just because I don't have the same choice of music as her (whatever that was)???

When Your Strange, Everyone Remebers Your Name.... :cool:

Warron

I'm in my mid thirties and I listen to a little bit of everything, even some rap. I even think a couple of Britney Spears and Eminem songs are entertaining allthough I would not waste money on their albums.

I have cds from heavy stuff like Metalicca, White Zombie, and ACDC to light stuff such as Enya and Tori Amos and a wide variety in between. I also have cds of late 60s pink floyd and 70s groups such as Led Zepplin and Rush all the way up to the the latest releases by Godsmack and Fear Factory. I could not even begin to list the variety of cassettes I have stuck away in the closet (actually I really can't list them since its been so long since I looked at them).

I personally can't understand people who limit themselves to a specific area of music or classify it as teenage music or such. I don't have a clue what teenage music is. I only know what I like and what I don't.

By the way, I listen to Z104 all the time. Its one of my favorites along with 94.7 (classic rock) although 94.7 only comes in well enough to hear once in a great while down here in Lex Park.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Rose - oh heck no - I listen to everything. No you don't listen to "teenage" music - you listen to music and your tastes vary as you get older, sure, but that doesn't mean you should cut out the opportunity to listen to other things. I think that other mom was the one with "issues".
Warron - I have spent my money on Eminem, and love every cd!! I laugh like a manic everytime I pop one in the player! (sure a lot of folks on the roads think I'm nuts - but oh well). But Britanny?! Nope, she ain't getting any of my money.
Penn - I run the gamet from operas to country to rock to hard metal to rap. In my younger days *sigh* I only listened to punk rock. Then when I thought they had sold out (speaking of which has anybody caught the Clash song 'london calling' on the jaguar commercials? - what a sell out) I moved on to the metal bands that hadn't, ie Metallica (but then again they sold out too). But after a while I realized music was entertainment and fulfiilling and had so many different areas to explore and that opened whole new realms of possiilities for me. I even listen to country, which would have made me had seizures if forced to listen to it when I was younger!!! As for rap, yes some can be repeative, however, download some little kim, some dre, some snoop dog, and some beastie boys. It varies. The stories vary. The beat varies. Some songs pump you up, some songs beat you down and some are just a lot of fun. But whatever they will make you feel things, which is what all music does anyway. If you can't handle the bass on the rap songs, try listen with the bass set lower. Only the very young and the very hard of hearing listen to their music really loud anyway! :biggrin:

K

Kizzy

Warren I am coming over your house. You have all the cool music! :getdown:

K

Kizzy

I have a sister who is 20 and well I am 14 years older. We just went and saw Lenny Kravitz and Pink in concert. I had the best time and a few Mike’s Hard Lemonades to boot. :cheers:

K

Kizzy

Gezz Cariblue now I need a cold shower!

I think that song was either Johnny Gill or Brad Martin. :smile:

K

Kizzy

Ok, wrong name! totally different song! Totally different meaning! :lmao:

Rub you the right way goes:

Do you feel the magic in my hand when I touch and stroke and rub you the right way.. Your every wish is my command so get undressed... So I can feel you all over.. and rub you with my magic cane.....

Genie in a bottle

No stroking No getting undressed... No rubbing...

:blushing:

Last edited by a moderator:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I listen to just about everything. Some of what's in my car..

The Cure
The Sisters of Mercy
Reverand Horton Heat
The Cars
Godsmack
Blink 182
3rd Eye Blind
Slipknot
Bob Dylan
Marvin Gaye
Janis Joplin
The Eagles
Four Non-Blondes
Frente
Milla
R Kelly (i know, i know he's a perv)
Boys II Men
Babyface
Tim McGraw
Kenny Chesney
Gary Allen
John Michael Montgomery

That's not all of it, just what I can think of off the top of my head.