Shower Cleaner

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Recommend your favorite shower cleaner - and I'm not talking about those 'after shower sprays.'

I grew up using Comet, but I'm sure there has to be something better. I have to scrub like mad when I clean the shower, and it seems to take forever. We don't have ceramic tile in there, just a regular fiberglassy shower with a glass door.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by PFgal
I grew up using Comet,

:yikes: you can't use that on fiberglass. At least, I didn't think you could. Maybe that soft scrub version of Comet. I think it depends on what type of water you have. If you have well water without a softener, you need to use a CLR type of cleaner, something that will keep the lime and rust at bay. I go back and forth between the ususal suspects.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Re: Re: Shower Cleaner

Originally posted by cattitude
:yikes: you can't use that on fiberglass. At least, I didn't think you could. Maybe that soft scrub version of Comet. I think it depends on what type of water you have. If you have well water without a softener, you need to use a CLR type of cleaner, something that will keep the lime and rust at bay. I go back and forth between the ususal suspects.

Sheet, hopefully I'm not tearing our house up! :lol: I use comet for toilets, sinks, tubs/showers. All of it!! Not the soft scrub version, either. We don't have a water softener, either. What is a CLR type cleaner I've never heard of the term CLR?

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I'm wondering - is my shower really fiberglass?? It's not a tile tub, but more like a hard plastic texture. Isn't that fiberglass?? I'm a house tard when it comes to these things.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by PFgal
I'm wondering - is my shower really fiberglass?? It's not a tile tub, but more like a hard plastic texture. Isn't that fiberglass?? I'm a house tard when it comes to these things.

Probably...I'd think the Comet is really not good for it, way too abrasive. CLR is the brand name (Calcium, Lime, Rust). It's in a green bottle, spray and pour. Most everyone makes a version of it now. If you keep up with it, you won't have a build up but it can get away from you easily.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Yea, that's sounds like just what I'm looking for. I clean the shower weekly...bi-weekly at the most. I do get a build up that seems to be so tough to get rid of (and we're not THAT funky...:biggrin:)!

Jameo

What?!
Originally posted by razmataz10_99
I like scrubbing bubbles.

That stuff works good! Spray it on there, let it sit for a few minutes and take a green scuff thingy and wipe the scum away

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
You shouldn't use Comet or any type of gritty cleanser on fiberglass. If you have, you've probably already scratched the surface.

I use liquid bath soap instead of bar soap and only have to clean the shower every two weeks. Scrub-free soap scum remover is all it takes to make it sparkle.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by Sharon
I use liquid bath soap instead of bar soap and only have to clean the shower every two weeks. Scrub-free soap scum remover is all it takes to make it sparkle.

:yeahthat: I use bath gel but Otter uses Zest..and it doesn't leave any residue.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I like scrubbing bubbles.

:yeahthat: Our shower is all tile. I also use Scrub-free scum remover once in a while to get rid of nasty gunk, but the stuff irritates my lungs. I use the A&H daily mist stuff, too, which seems to cut down on accumulation on the tiles.

R

razmataz10_99

I tried the daily shower sprays and wasn't really that impressed. Maybe I just used the wrong brand. :shrug:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I tried the daily shower sprays and wasn't really that impressed. Maybe I just used the wrong brand. :shrug:

When we lived in a house with ceramic tile in the shower it was nice, but it does nothing for the shower I have now so I don't bother with it. :ohwell:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
The only thing it cleans is your wallet. I gave up on them after trying a few brands.

We have a swivel shower head, so I just spray the sides of the shower and the curtain with water to rinse off any leftover shampoo & soap before getting out.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Mom yelled at me when she visited for using Comet on my shower/bath inserts. She said if you use it all the time it will ruin the finish and basically scratch it all to hell.