Alligator Lizard?

We have lizards the same color and texture as the bark on a tree that look exactly like little alligators. Does anyone know how big they might get?

We have lizards the same color and texture as the bark on a tree that look exactly like little alligators. Does anyone know how big they might get?

Need more info. Photo would help. However, if it's the ones I am thinking of, I call them pine tree lizards (seriously). They only get about 6"-9"(body not counting tail).

nomoney

Is this question because of the call on the scanner the other night about an "alligator" crossing route 5?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

Attachments

• BCrocSmallAlligator2.jpg
    BCrocSmallAlligator2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 292

Independence

Did it look like the first picture? The second picture is an Eastern Fence Lizzard.

Attachments

• IMG_0863.jpg
    IMG_0863.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0853.jpg
    IMG_0853.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 220

It really looks like the photo posted by aps45819, but it is about 5" long, and dark gray with some black to match the color of the tree bark. The head is very similar to that in the photo, as is the lumpiness on the body. We have every lizard imaginable roaming around our woods and often look them up out of curiosity, but we have never seen one like this.

Last edited:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
It really looks like the photo posted by aps45819, but it is about 5" long, and dark gray with some black to match the color of the tree bark. The head is very similar to that in the photo, as is the lumpiness on the body. We have every lizard imaginable roaming around our woods and often look them up out of curiosity, but we have never seen one like this.

Sounds like somebody may have released a 'gator in your neck o' the woods.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I guess I missed where someone said it was in a tree. :ohwell:
I just took the "same color and texture as the bark on a tree" line and ran with it. Didn't mean to insinuate you missed anything, just making a little joke.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I just took the "same color and texture as the bark on a tree" line and ran with it. Didn't mean to insinuate you missed anything, just making a little joke.

You're fine. I really thought I missed something. I had to go back and read the OP's posts again.