Anyone Observing Lent?

watercolor

yeah yeah
I was trying to think of somethings that would be good for me to 'give up' in observance of lent. I think I pretty much have what I am going to give up. I am just making sure that it is good enough for me.

Anyone else going to be participating in lent?

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by watercolor
I was trying to think of somethings that would be good for me to 'give up' in observance of lent. I think I pretty much have what I am going to give up. I am just making sure that it is good enough for me.
The forums?

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Re: Re: Re: Anyone Observing Lent?

Originally posted by watercolor
are you trying to say you want me gone?
Not at all. Just that that would be a true sacrifice. :biggrin:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by migtig
I do it every year, even thu I am not catholic. I think it is positive thing to abstain from something you enjoy, and sometimes it's a good way to give up bad habits. I did fried food one year, and I know that one was really hard.

Well not only catholic's do it. :smile: I am not catholic, nor is the church that I attend. But we do observe it. Well the church does, and I do, I dont know about the rest of the congregation.

But yeah, and what I am giving up is something very similar to yours. But a big majority. :smile: do you have any idea of what you are going to give up this year?

watercolor

yeah yeah
Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone Observing Lent?

Originally posted by cmcdanal
Not at all. Just that that would be a true sacrifice. :biggrin:

True. And although I have thought about it, I dont want to miss out on somethings, such as being around people like you and others, when happenings happen. ya know what I am sayin?:biggrin: :wink:

mainman

Set Trippin
Soda. Carbonated beverages. Whatever you want to call it. Even thu I seriously cut back my caffeine intake, I still have sodas - ginger ale, sprite, etc. on a daily basis. Bad.
I thought down south, it was POP...:confused:

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Originally posted by mainman
I thought down south, it was POP...:confused:

I believe that term is partial to the Midwest....drives me nuts! People look at me like I'm the devil when I order a large "soda". :yikes:

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by Ehesef
Nope. Everything is referred to as Coke. :lmao:
:yay:, oh ok... I know somewhere they call it pop...:clap:

OK, so down south, everything carbonated is a coke... :roflmao:

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by ememdee19
I believe that term is partial to the Midwest....drives me nuts! People look at me like I'm the devil when I order a large "soda". :yikes:
If someone asked me for a pop... I guess I would have to pop them...:cool:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Soda. Carbonated beverages. Whatever you want to call it. Even thu I seriously cut back my caffeine intake, I still have sodas - ginger ale, sprite, etc. on a daily basis. Bad.

Well I gave up caffeine about 2.5 weeks ago for another reason. It is hard.. but I have. And it is getting easier. I am giving up fast food, along with cussing (the best I can...I know that will be hard) And I am serriously thinking of giving up what cmcdanal said. LOL (that part will just start a day late)