Shhh... It's a Secret

ceo_pte

I found one of the best books that I have ever read the other week at Borders. It's on sale now for only $3.99, and it's a steal.
It's titled "As a Man Thinketh," by James Allen. The version that I found actually contains two additional books by J. Allen. It is a thought provoking book that will help anyone that reads it. I have typed up a few of the quotes I have read.

Effect of Thought on Circumstances

"A man's mind may be likened to a garden, which may be intelligently cultivated or allowed to run wild; but whether cultivated or neglected, it must, and will bring forth. If no useful seeds ar put into it, then an abundance of useless weed seeds will fall therein, and will continue to produce their kind."

"...so may a man ten the garden of his mind, weeding out all the wrong , useless and impure thoughts, and cultivating toward perfection the flowers and fruits of right, useful and pure thoughts."

"Here is a man who is wretchedly poor. He is extremely anxious that his surroundings and home comforts should be improved, yet all the time he shirks his work, and considers he is justified in trying to deceive his employer on the ground of insufficiency of his wages. Such a man does not understand the simplest rudiments of those principles which are teh basis of true prosperity, and is not only totally unfitted to rise out of his wretchedness, but is actually attracting to himself a still deeper wretchedness by dwelling in and acting out, indolent, deceptive, and unmanly thoughts."

"A particular train of thought persisted in, be it good or bad, cannot fail to produce its results on the character and circumstances. A man cannot directly choose his circumstances, but he can choose his thoughts, and so indirectly, yet surely, shape his circumstances."

Effects of Thought on Health and Body

"The body is the servant of the mind. It obeys the operations of the mind, whether they be deliberately chosen or automatically expressed. The the bidding of unlawful thoughts the body sinks rapidly into disease and decay; at the command of glad and beautiful thoughts it becomes clothed with youthfulness and beauty."
"Disease and health, like circumstances, are rooted in thought."