• Right hand

Votes: 33 62.3%
  • Ambidextrous - Both hands equally

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Enquiring minds want to know. Are you mostly left-handed, right-handed, or ambidextrous?

I write with my left.
Use scissors with my right.
Eat with my left.
Bat like a right-hander.
Throw a ball and shoot with my left hand.
For the most part I consider myself a lefty.

How about you?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Righty here - my left is totally dumb. Larry is a leftie and one of our daughters is, too. Makes it tough to sit in a booth at a restaurant.

G

giggles04

Do everything starting with the right hand... always have... my dad is a lefty... but the rest of my family is righty!

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Ofcourse, I'm right

Almost everything ...right!

For some strange reason I drive more comfortably with the left.
Yes, I'm a one-handed driver.

For the lefties: they say that lefties are natural born leaders....
that's what THEY SAY....

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
For some strange reason I drive more comfortably with the left.

I'm a righty and I do too. Left hand on the wheel and right hand on the gear shifter even though it's an automatic. :confused:

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Originally posted by pixiegirl

Left hand on the wheel and right hand on the gear shifter even though it's an automatic. :confused:

Same exact thing w/ me.

Sometimes people wonder why I'm holding on to the gear shifter when it's an automatic. I don't know...I think it gives me the feeling of being in control...:biggrin: :wink:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by AnonymousPenguin

Same exact thing w/ me.

Sometimes people wonder why I'm holding on to the gear shifter when it's an automatic. I don't know...I think it gives me the feeling of being in control...:biggrin: :wink:

I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I've always heard that if you keep your hand on the shifter you're actually shortening the life of your transmission.

FIREMAN

Originally posted by bknarw

I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I've always heard that if you keep your hand on the shifter you're actually shortening the life of your transmission.

Only in manual transmission. But usually the clutch will go first.

Last edited:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I am considered right-handed, however I shoot left handed, I cast a rod left handed, drink my coffee with my left hand - but I am considered left eye dominate - right hand dominate - I am just :confused:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Yea! We have two more lefties. :clap: I knew I couldn't be the only one.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Am I the only one who can't vote in this survey? I've tried several times over the past couple of days and still get rejected. :bawl:

The message says: "vBulletin Message - The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session." I've signed out and back in, used different machines, etc. Nothing works. HELP!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:dance: :dance: I throw a ball, play Tennis/Ping Pong lefty, but everything else is right-handed.
I write with my right(I suspect that's the way they taught us in school), eat with the left or right, but the left is dominant.
Bat left or right in softball, fish left or right handed--although I had to teach myself to cast lefty, 'cause I prefer to retrieve right handed. Weird, huh?

penncam

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by Sharon
Enquiring minds want to know. Are you mostly left-handed, right-handed, or ambidextrous?

I write with my left.
Use scissors with my right.
Eat with my left.
Bat like a right-hander.
Throw a ball and shoot with my left hand.
For the most part I consider myself a lefty.

How about you?

I'm that way too -- all mixed up. I do some things equally well, some left, some right, and usually when I have a predilection for one - I can NOT do the other. I cannot use a saw with my left hand, but I cannot use a paintbrush or a comb with my right. I write and eat lefty, do all sports righty, and everything in between is a toss up. If someone asks me which one I use before I do it, I have to think about it first.

BUT - because of eating and writing, I consider myself a lefty.

J

justhangn

Ambi here.

Started life out a lefty but my father made me change.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Frank

If someone asks me which one I use before I do it, I have to think about it first.
Same here.
Started life out a lefty but my father made me change.
My mother tried to do the same thing to me. I'm the only lefty in the family and my kids are right-handed.