Hey Pix and PF....

watercolor

yeah yeah
Thought this might be helpful. Even though you have been through it before.....Some things to consider when creating your birth plan:

-Who you want in the delivery room (partner only, family, friends, other children)
-Eating and drinking during labor
-Activities or positions during labor (walking, standing, squatting, hands and knees, lying on back)
-Enemas/shaving of the pubic hair
-Routine IV’s
-Catherization
-Rupture of membranes (artificial or spontaneous)
-Fetal monitoring
-Pain relief/ medications
-Episiotomy
-Mirror during birth
-The use of pitocin (and other options for induction/augmentation)
-Forceps/vacuum extraction
-Vaginal exams (minimal)
-Relaxation techniques (shower, bathing, music, massage)
-Camera/video camera use
-Umbilical cord cutting
-Cord blood banking
-Holding your baby immediately after birth/breastfeeding immediately
-Rooming in
-Supplementary bottles, pacifiers
-Circumcision
-Length of hospital stay, barring complications
-Postponing administering eye drops/weighing until after you hold/breastfeed your baby
-Being present for first bath, weighing and administering eye drops.
-Cesarean (partner’s presence, anesthesia, holding your baby/breastfeeding in delivery/recovery room)

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Thanks!! I'm not into all that birth plan crap, though. :shrug: Crap will happen how it happens once you get in there, and the most important thing is that everyone comes out healthy and happy! :smile:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Most of my planning will be done for me. Another C-section, no chance of regular deliverey at all. They usually keep pretty strict guidelines.

Angel

~*~*~
Originally posted by pixiegirl
Most of my planning will be done for me. Another C-section, no chance of regular deliverey at all. They usually keep pretty strict guidelines.
I apologize if you've already posted the date and I missed it, but when do you get to deliver your baby?

Last edited:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Angel
I apologize if you've already posted the date and I missed it, but when do you get to deliver your baby?

The doctor hasn't set a date yet. My regular due date would have been Aug 17th. I'm guessing at least a week or two before that because she doesn't want to take the chance of me having any contractions.

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Originally posted by watercolor
Thought this might be helpful. Even though you have been through it before.....Some things to consider when creating your birth plan:

-Who you want in the delivery room (partner only, family, friends, other children)
-Eating and drinking during labor
-Activities or positions during labor (walking, standing, squatting, hands and knees, lying on back)
-Enemas/shaving of the pubic hair
-Routine IV’s
-Catherization
-Rupture of membranes (artificial or spontaneous)
-Fetal monitoring
-Pain relief/ medications
-Episiotomy
-Mirror during birth
-The use of pitocin (and other options for induction/augmentation)
-Forceps/vacuum extraction
-Vaginal exams (minimal)
-Relaxation techniques (shower, bathing, music, massage)
-Camera/video camera use
-Umbilical cord cutting
-Cord blood banking
-Holding your baby immediately after birth/breastfeeding immediately
-Rooming in
-Supplementary bottles, pacifiers
-Circumcision
-Length of hospital stay, barring complications
-Postponing administering eye drops/weighing until after you hold/breastfeed your baby
-Being present for first bath, weighing and administering eye drops.
-Cesarean (partner’s presence, anesthesia, holding your baby/breastfeeding in delivery/recovery room)

Birth plans don't work - plain and simple! I had a very detailed plan and when I handed it to my doc he informed me that he couldn't comply with the majority of the list. While it's a nice idea, it seems to be a waste of time in most cases, at least mine anyway.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Hey WC, and just why are you researching birth plans:confused:

You holding something back from us:gossip: