Supplies For Troops

dustin

UAIOE
I havent seen any flyers or emails around NAS PAX but something my turn up soon since it's getting close to Easter.

You could try a program like anysoldier.com or soldiersangels.org

acommondisaster

I did the adopt a soldier thing for awhile; diligently sending funny or thoughtful cards a couple of times a week with short letters in them and sending goodies every couple of weeks. It was very rewarding to me. Then I got an email from one of my adoptees - he said please don't waste your money sending me things - we have more goodies and stuff than we'll ever use. Just email me every few days, include a picture so I know who I'm talking to and keep up the cards and letters. Those are the things that mean the most. I responded okay, but only if you tell me if there's anything you have a craving for that you can't find there. He promised he would.

He never asked for anything. My female adoptee in Afghanistan confirmed the same thing. She told me she could order (mostly thru Amazon) anything she really wanted, dvd's were way cheaper there, and the cards and letters and encouragement on her Security + certification (which I'd just passed) were the most welcome.

So here's a link that sort of sums it up:

Save your money unless there's a specific request for something, send cards and letters, pictures saying "we're still thinking of you, we know you're there, we're praying for you, etc).....at least that's what several have told me.

How not to screw up your care package

Hank

my war
acommondisaster said:
I did the adopt a soldier thing for awhile; diligently sending funny or thoughtful cards a couple of times a week with short letters in them and sending goodies every couple of weeks. It was very rewarding to me. Then I got an email from one of my adoptees - he said please don't waste your money sending me things - we have more goodies and stuff than we'll ever use. Just email me every few days, include a picture so I know who I'm talking to and keep up the cards and letters. Those are the things that mean the most. I responded okay, but only if you tell me if there's anything you have a craving for that you can't find there. He promised he would.

He never asked for anything. My female adoptee in Afghanistan confirmed the same thing. She told me she could order (mostly thru Amazon) anything she really wanted, dvd's were way cheaper there, and the cards and letters and encouragement on her Security + certification (which I'd just passed) were the most welcome.

So here's a link that sort of sums it up:

Save your money unless there's a specific request for something, send cards and letters, pictures saying "we're still thinking of you, we know you're there, we're praying for you, etc).....at least that's what several have told me.

How not to screw up your care package

Oh cool...:yay:...... is she hot?

smts

Contact Bruce VanDanbos at Calvert Memorial hospital radiology department. He sends stuff all the time and collects anything and everything. If you call the main number to them 410-535-8317 ask for him or leave a message if he is busy.

Katelin

one day the dark will end
Check with The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (the old Bethesda Naval Medical Center), they have that new head trauma, PTSD ( etc) unit in conjunction with the services from the old Walter Reed Center. Many active duty and vets, once in a hospital setting are forgotten because they are no longer in the big bright spotlight of the news.
Here is a LINK to the group and on that page is a tab "DONATIONS"
The Warrior Family Coordination Cell.

Donation info HERE

Trust me, those injured, ill service man and woman could use your help and support. Let them know they are NOT forgotten and that their service to you and this country is not forgotten!

Thank you!

Last edited: