Allbreed.org

christy20657

Has anyone ever dealt with this place before? I contacted them and asked them questions (on their voicemail) in regard to their adoption procedures and the lady called my house and left a VERY nasty message w/ my son saying "She should have known if she filled out an application"

They stated on their website, that if you applied they would have to come and do a home visit with you. They were having a pet viewing/adoption at the pet valu in gaithersburg and I called to ask them if you got to take the puppy with you that day. I thought that if you met the people there at the pet valu that day, then they did not have to do the home visit. I know my assumption was wrong but the way she responded with her message was nasty!

Anyway, I wrote her an email telling her that the adoption process seemed too lengthy and difficult (this after being frustrated that even the local shelters do not let your bring you dog home that day) and then she came back really nasty saying that she would wish me good luck in finding a dog but she didnt believe I deserved to even have one. HUH?????:confused:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Screw the pet snobs.

I heard there's 3 dogs lost in Hollywood if you want a free one. :biggrin:

christy20657

I purchased a Jack Russell over the weekend and she is the sweetest little thing! Half of these shelters/rescues charge you just as much as if you did go to a breeder or a pet store.

I just wrote her a nasty letter back telling her she had no right to make a personal judgement against me for asking questions and I told her by those personal attacks it only showed her ignorance!

It really is frustrating that they put people through this. I mean I could see if I were getting a pitbull, then find check me out, make sure I have the best intentions and that I am not training them to fight or something but most peoples (especially when purchasing a little dog) intentions are good and I have a hard time believing most are placed in rescues due ot abuse, most are probably placed there because the owners can no longer keep them and they dont want them to go to the pound where there is a possibilty of them being put down.

They really are jerks! They put you down for going to the pet stores and breaders saying that they are running "puppy mills" which inbreeds and mistreats the animals and they sit there on their soap box and act is if nobody is good enough to have a dog! I feel sorry for the little dog that I would have adopted this weekend (and gladly drove all the way to Gaithersburg for) but I am grateful that we found our little jack russell!