can dogs

fddog

Bow wow
ok, everyone knows i got a dog last year.. and she is deaf,
my question is can dogs be retarted like humans?
:confused:

K

Kizzy

If you read my post the other day about the worst purchase I ever made, I honestly thought that dog was retarded. :shrug:

fddog

Bow wow
well, she gets into the trash can, and you will be standing right there. And you tap her nose an 2 seconds later she is in it again:confused:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
She's not retarded. Why don't you take her to obedience classes. Before blaming the dog maybe you should think about the fact that maybe YOU are not training her right. I'd explore all other options before blaming it on the dog. She's not even a year old yet is she? She's a pup still.

Pete

Repete
I would tell you how I broke one of my dogs from swamping the trash can but the dognics would have a cow.

fddog

Bow wow
Originally posted by pixiegirl
She's not retarded. Why don't you take her to obedience classes. Before blaming the dog maybe you should think about the fact that maybe YOU are not training her right. I'd explore all other options before blaming it on the dog. She's not even a year old yet is she? She's a pup still.
i have checked into a few places that offer it. but most places only do once a year for dogs that are deaf. the guy (yo old b/f) i think. said he could, but would rather have it on a one on one basis, because it is so difficult to communicate with the dog. :bubble: :smooch:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by fddog
i have checked into a few places that offer it. but most places only do once a year for dogs that are deaf. the guy (yo old b/f) i think. said he could, but would rather have it on a one on one basis, because it is so difficult to communicate with the dog. :bubble: :smooch:

Well then do it ding dong! :bubble: Poor dog. I'm about to come dognap her. You're probably mean to her. :bawl:

B called to say he was going to get a haircut and left Mily out of her crate. Pushover! But he's going to come home to landmines I bet. Simple ass! :rolleyes:

fddog

Bow wow
Well then do it ding dong! :bubble: Poor dog. I'm about to come dognap her. You're probably mean to her. :bawl:

B called to say he was going to get a haircut and left Mily out of her crate. Pushover! But he's going to come home to landmines I bet. Simple ass! :rolleyes:
i beat her daily :rolleyes: my dog is spoiled rotten. and as for landmines :lmao:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
how 'bout putting the trashcan somewhere she can't get to ... like under a sink or getting one that has a lid with a stepper thing so she can't get into it? :shrug:

Pix's right ... she's still a pup (and they keep that puppy mentality till they are about 2 yrs old, i think). Lay off the dog beatings and apply some common sense to the solution. You wouldn't beat your 1 yr old baby for knocking over a trash can ... :ohwell:

fddog

Bow wow
Originally posted by tatercake
how 'bout putting the trashcan somewhere she can't get to ... like under a sink or getting one that has a lid with a stepper thing so she can't get into it? :shrug:

Pix's right ... she's still a pup (and they keep that puppy mentality till they are about 2 yrs old, i think). Lay off the dog beatings and apply some common sense to the solution. You wouldn't beat your 1 yr old baby for knocking over a trash can ... :ohwell:
i so need the seagull thingy :rolleyes:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by fddog
and if i am not mistaken at 1 the dog is like 7 :shrug: pix isn't that correct :bubble:

A dog is not mature until 18-24 months of age. They are still considered adolecents. Would you expect a 7 year old to see things through your eyes? Does you kid not act up? Having a pup is like having another child.

fddog

Bow wow
A dog is not mature until 18-24 months of age. They are still considered adolecents. Would you expect a 7 year old to see things through your eyes? Does you kid not act up? Having a pup is like having another child.
i agree, i don't beat her daily people calm down. all in all she is not a bad dog, she is a big lap dog. and is more spoiled then my son. ok maybe not that much:biggrin:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by tatercake
:confused: now ... where are those effin' seagulls? :ohwell:
11624.gif

Well, for whatever reason, the picture is not showing. :ohwell:

Last edited: