Private Schools

CMC122

Go Braves!
The CG and I are checking into sending #1 to Private school. Our reason being the lack of consistent discipline in the public school system which #1 is showing now that she needs.:mad:

I know some of you send your kids to Private and I am wondering if your satisfied with the program overall.

I am actually looking at Leonard Hall so if anyone has any input on that I would really appreciate it!

TIA

Christy

b*tch rocket
My son just took his placement test for Leonard Hall, call them up and check it out, I think you'll like it. :yay:

K

Kizzy

Tell me more about Leonard Hall, like where is it located?

I'm either getting transferred to Leonardtown (not by choice, but to have a job) or taking another position, which happens to be in Leonardtown, this summer (pays more money). Either way, commuting from Waldorf, to Indian Head, to Leonardtown is going to be a pain, so I was considering a private school on the way.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by IM4Change

I'm either getting transferred to Leonardtown (not by choice, but to have a job) or taking another position, which happens to be in Leonardtown, this summer (pays more money). Either way, commuting from Waldorf, to Indian Head, to Leonardtown is going to be a pain, so I was considering a private school on the way.
If you get transfered to L-town, your kid could walk from Leonard Hall to your office in about 2 minutes without crossing the street.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by IM4Change

It's 6th through 12th grade. Here's the link. http://www.lhjna.org

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
I went to Private School all my life..went to St. John's. I thought it was great....don't have any complaints. Well I did then, but now that I am older I thank my parents for sending me through private school.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by CowGirlUp
I went to Private School all my life..went to St. John's. I thought it was great....don't have any complaints. Well I did then, but now that I am older I thank my parents for sending me through private school.
No sweetie, you went to private school until the 9th grade. I went to public the entire 13 years (counting kindergarten). I thank God every day that my parents didn't send me to private school.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
My nephew goes to LH and has done very well there. I've heard very good things about the school. My statement above about thanking God was because I am not a private school kind of person. I am a self-discipline kinda girl and resent it when anyone else imposes discipline on me. If your child needs that discipline, then I think LH is a great option.

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
Originally posted by Ehesef
No sweetie, you went to private school until the 9th grade. I went to public the entire 13 years (counting kindergarten). I thank God every day that my parents didn't send me to private school.
Well who died and named you Ms. Know It All???? :rolleyes:

:wink:

Last edited:

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
It was 10 years by the way...and 4 in public. :neener:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
It was 10 years by the way...and 4 in public. :neener:
Reading comprehension. You were there until the 9th grade. I didn't want to make you feel like a :dork: and tell everybody you were there for an extra year.

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
Reading comprehension. You were there until the 9th grade. I didn't want to make you feel like a :dork: and tell everybody you were there for an extra year.
Nice way to play it off there Ehesef.... Kindergarden through 8th grade..equals 9 years. 1 extra year cause my birthday is late in the year...and it was suggested I stay behind...not because I failed. :neener:

meme

The Smart Hooker
Both my brother and I went to Little Flower up until High School. Both of us turned out half way normal so it can't be that bad. :biggrin:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Nice way to play it off there Ehesef.... Kindergarden through 8th grade..equals 9 years. 1 extra year cause my birthday is late in the year...and it was suggested I stay behind...not because I failed. :neener:
What do you not understand about "You went to S. John's until you were in the 9th grade." :neener:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I went to St. John's.

:yeahthat:

It was a good school, but I'm not in general fond of the private school environment. I feel it shelters kids from the real world. I got to high school and didn't know how to act...it was a shocker.

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by Christy
It's 6th through 12th grade. Here's the link. http://www.lhjna.org

I saw the 1st post saying how close it is then I see yours saying 6-12th grade. Guess that is an option in about 6 years. :lol:

But the other one is only 2 years away, might be an option for him.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
My wife and I are considering private school for our daughters. Part of the problem with public schools is that too many kids have parents who don't expect much of them. It's especially true in the area of St. Mary's where we live. It's sad to see parents who just aren't involved or even interested in their kids' educations. Both of us grew up with the expectation that we would be attending college. We want our children to go to school where the expectations are high, both among the parents and among the teachers.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Cowgirl and Eshef You guys crack me up:lmao:

Thanks everyone for everything so far.

I have actually recieved the little packet from Leonard Hall and I really like what they have to say. She's going into 6th grade so they said I could wait until summer to test her because they have plenty of opening's now. But I think I'm gonna test her next month.

Tonio I couldn't agree with you more!

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by CMC122
I have actually recieved the little packet from Leonard Hall and I really like what they have to say. She's going into 6th grade so they said I could wait until summer to test her because they have plenty of opening's now. But I think I'm gonna test her next month.

Tonio I couldn't agree with you more!

You missed their open house, which was two weeks ago. I met the 6th/7th grade home room teacher, and he seems like a really good teacher. Checked out the classrooms, and the science room was really nice, and the science projects the kids did were pretty high level. I was impressed. :yay:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I called Mother Catherine Spalding last year for the DQ. She asked where DQ was at the time, which was Bannecker for pre-K. She said, "And you want to take her out of there to put her in here?" :shocking: I asked, "Don't I?" She explained that not many parents take their kids out of Bannecker to put them in MCS. :confused: I was already displeased with Bannecker so I knew MCS wasn't gonna be an option.

There is also Father Andrew White, but like MCS, be prepared to volunteer at Bingo, in the cafeteria, door-to-door sales, etc. I would have had to quit my job to be able to do all the volunteer work they required; of course, then I wouldn't have been able to pay for it. :ohwell:

Check out Starmaker ... if you are into Montessori. Christy's had nothing but great things to say about it, and that might be a semi on-the-way option if you take 235 to California, then head to L-town on St. Andrews. :ohwell: