Mild Earthquake?

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
So one of my office mates and I are sitting here working at 0750ish and we both felt our very solid building on PAX jolt. I know there was a 2.3 in NJ early this morning. No smoking hole outside. I wonder if that was an after shock.

things that make you go - Hmmm?

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
I felt it too, but I thought it was a plane thing.

LOL! Validation from the forum! I suppose most people didn't feel it. I'll have to wait and see if the USGS posts something. I think it has to be 2.0 or larger, but we'll see.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Nope. The USGS only lists 2.2 or greater. They don't even have the one that happened in NJ this morning.

edit: I did find the NJ quake but had to find it by state listing.

Last edited:

royhobie

hobieflyer
So one of my office mates and I are sitting here working at 0750ish and we both felt our very solid building on PAX jolt. I know there was a 2.3 in NJ early this morning. No smoking hole outside. I wonder if that was an after shock.

things that make you go - Hmmm?

I heard it too. I suspected it was probably a mild earthquake. It's interesting that the East coast is now experiencing a few earth quakes. Kentucky had one recently as well. We'll probably hear of a few more scattered about the eastern third of the U.S. in the weeks and months to come.