Bin Laden unit Seal Team Six punished over game

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20262504

Seven US Navy Seals have been disciplined for revealing secrets during work as paid consultants on a video game, officials say.

They received reprimand letters and had half of their pay docked for two months for work on Medal of Honor: Warfighter.

The active-duty commandos reportedly include one member of the team that killed Osama Bin Laden in 2011.

DEEKAYPEE8569

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20262504

Seven US Navy Seals have been disciplined for revealing secrets during work as paid consultants on a video game, officials say.

They received reprimand letters and had half of their pay docked for two months for work on Medal of Honor: Warfighter.

The active-duty commandos reportedly include one member of the team that killed Osama Bin Laden in 2011.

Sounds like a rather sizable error in judgement. Things like, 'the character in the game should hold the rifle like this;' those kinds of mechanics; that's okay.

On the other side of coin....."officials say".....how did these officials even find out; if it's true? Sounds like there was a mole/snitch in the group of game designers who went to officials and said, 'well they said this, this and this,' and the officials decided what was classified, just so somebody would "swing" for saying anything. Yeah, I'm a cynic.

TNRabbit

Title is misleading... they were punished for revealing classified information; as they should be. I thought SEALs were smarter than that.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Title is misleading... they were punished for revealing classified information; as they should be. I thought SEALs were smarter than that.

They are supposed to be smarter than the average soldier or sailor, for sure.

I have the book "No Easy Day", and my reserve unit worked very often and closely with BUDS and Seal teams in Coronado, Ca on training evolutions, along with several drug interdiction efforts. Looseness like this was unheard of with these guys, at least up until my retirement from the reserves in 2005.

Are these guys getting so burned out because of continuous missions that they lose their sense of discipline outside of action?

Last edited:

BOP

They are supposed to be smarter than the average soldier or sailor, for sure.

I have the book "No Easy Day", and my reserve unit worked very often and closely with BUDS and Seal teams in Coronado, Ca on training evolutions, along with several drug interdiction efforts. Looseness like this was unheard of with these guys, at least up until my retirement from the reserves in 2005.

Are these guys getting so burned out because of the constant betrayal by the current administration that they lose their sense of discipline outside of action?

May 3, 2011: Within hours, Vice President Joe Biden destroys any notions of OPSEC and bellows to the entire world in public remarks at a dinner at the Ritz Carlton that the Bin Laden raid was carried out by the SEALS. Within hours Obama regime had gleefully leaked that the raid was carried out by SEAL Team 6, also known as DEVGRU. Up until this point in history, all DEVGRU activities and information had been highly classified. Now the term SEAL Team 6 was blasted across every newspaper in the world, with Disney even moving to trademark the name. The Obama regime wanted the ENTIRE WORLD to know the name SEAL Team 6.

Conspiracy Theory Of The Day: Obama Killed Seal Team 6 - BluegrassBulletin.com