Hives

D

dems4me

This is the first time I've had a serious case of Hives... I can't stop scratching and I've taken Claritin for Hives that they make and all it did was slow down the itch rate, but I still itch from head to toe and have welts/hives -- any suggestions? No cortizol cream here at work - my nylons have turned to shreds due to all the itching. I havn't changed my soap, shampoo, NOTHING.. I've been realy thinking about this and nothing's changed? Any suggestions?:confused: :frown:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by dems4me
This is the first time I've had a serious case of Hives... I can't stop scratching and I've taken Claritin for Hives that they make and all it did was slow down the itch rate, but I still itch from head to toe and have welts/hives -- any suggestions? No cortizol cream here at work - my nylons have turned to shreds due to all the itching. I havn't changed my soap, shampoo, NOTHING.. I've been realy thinking about this and nothing's changed? Any suggestions?:confused: :frown:
You are allergic to Mainman, or the foam spermicide.

Last edited:
D

dems4me

Originally posted by Kain99
Any new friends? Maybe you're allergic to one of them. :roflmao:

:killingme :killingme You guys are too funny, I wish laughter would clear these up - I just itch and itch

Do y'all have anyother advice to give? Just walked around on the roof on our building overlooking all of DC to take my mind off of the constant itching -- now on hands and neck -- to no avail. :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I once had a weird outbreak of hives when I was about 12 or 13. The cause was never determined, but I had them on and off for 3 or 4 weeks anytime my skin warmed up (i.e. wearing a lot of clothes or blankets).

The doctor later determined it was simply an unknown allergic reaction, but that it was probably a bug or spider bite gotten while sleeping.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by sleuth14
I once had a weird outbreak of hives when I was about 12 or 13. The cause was never determined, but I had them on and off for 3 or 4 weeks anytime my skin warmed up (i.e. wearing a lot of clothes or blankets).

The doctor later determined it was simply an unknown allergic reaction, but that it was probably a bug or spider bite gotten while sleeping.

Well this is just weird.. it started two days ago at work - the insides of my hands itched so bad it felt like they were on fire, this continued yesterday at work too and then last night the itching and hives spread to back and stomach and this morning I woke up at 6:30 to let the dog out and was itching too much to go back to sleep - tried for an hour and a half to no avail. I have allergies and have been to an allergist and everything is under control - I just don't know why I'm getting it all of a suddent. I've never had chicken pox before -- do you think this could be the start of chicken pox or something???? Is this how it starts out?:confused: :frown:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Well this is just weird.. it started two days ago at work - the insides of my hands itched so bad it felt like they were on fire, this continued yesterday at work too and then last night the itching and hives spread to back and stomach and this morning I woke up at 6:30 to let the dog out and was itching too much to go back to sleep - tried for an hour and a half to no avail. I have allergies and have been to an allergist and everything is under control - I just don't know why I'm getting it all of a suddent. I've never had chicken pox before -- do you think this could be the start of chicken pox or something???? Is this how it starts out?:confused: :frown:

My hives looked like raised plateaus on my skin, various shapes, about the size of a guitar pick...bright red.

Had them all over my arms, shoulders, legs, and torso.

Chicken pox usually appear to look like mosquito bites.

D

dems4me

well... now my right hand has started swelling up from itching :frown: I can't wait to go home and relax in the whirlpool -- maybe I should put calmine lotion in there or something:confused: :frown:

when the hives subside it leaves me with red marks everywhere like a rash or something.:frown: Is that how your's was Slueth?

D

dems4me

My hives looked like raised plateaus on my skin, various shapes, about the size of a guitar pick...bright red.

Had them all over my arms, shoulders, legs, and torso.

Chicken pox usually appear to look like mosquito bites.

That's what these look like!!!! :yikes: don't you usually run a fever with it or something too? I feel fine - I just itch, it swells to a flea or mosquito bite size, then after sevearl hours I'm left with a red mark:frown:

D

dems4me

Originally posted by kwillia
The first sign of shingles usually is a tingling feeling or itchiness of the skin, which can occur up to 1 week before the rash. Some people have stabbing pain at the beginning, but others have pain only after the rash begins.

The rash begins as a band or patch of raised dots on one side of the trunk, face, abdomen, arms, or legs. The location of the rash is a clue that the infection is shingles. The rash occurs on only one side of the body, like a band or belt.

That's not it :shrug: thanks anyways though :flowers: I've never had chicken pox before so that rules shingles out and I'm not in pain... just agony. :frown:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
well... now my right hand has started swelling up from itching :frown: I can't wait to go home and relax in the whirlpool -- maybe I should put calmine lotion in there or something:confused: :frown:

when the hives subside it leaves me with red marks everywhere like a rash or something.:frown: Is that how your's was Slueth?

:shrug: I don't remember very well.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
That's what these look like!!!! :yikes: don't you usually run a fever with it or something too? I feel fine - I just itch, it swells to a flea or mosquito bite size, then after sevearl hours I'm left with a red mark:frown:

Chicken Pox usually don't go away after you stop scratching. Once the bump is raised it stays... I think... until the infection is over.

But yes, it is viral and you may get a fever.

D

dems4me

Chicken Pox usually don't go away after you stop scratching. Once the bump is raised it stays... I think... until the infection is over.

But yes, it is viral and you may get a fever.

No fever here. :frown: and they turn into a rash looking red mark - no longer raised or itch unless it gets touched on accident.:frown:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
It can be an allergic reaction to something you ate. (Settle down, peanut gallery :duh: )

A lady I know with drank one of those Slim*fast drinks and had a serious reaction to it requiring a trip to the hospital. I personally would be going to the emergency room before it got any worse.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by CMC122
Maybe you should ask your doctor:shrug:

I'm at work and can't leave. Unfortunately, I havn't had anything out of the ordinary. Peanuts are the only nut (actually legume) that I can eat... all other nuts I'm allergic to so I stay away from them -- oops sorry, I just realized you referred to peanut gallery... no I'm not eating anyone on the forum... Slim fast.. never had it. Nothing out of the ordinary on my diet. No breathing problems or anything, just terribly uncomfortable:frown: -- don't now anything about measles, never had them or chick pox before. No new foods, meds, fruits, shellfish, nuts, anything. :frown: :shrug:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I'm at work and can't leave. Unfortunately, I havn't had anything out of the ordinary. Peanuts are the only nut (actually legume) that I can eat... all other nuts I'm allergic to so I stay away from them -- oops sorry, I just realized you referred to peanut gallery... no I'm not eating anyone on the forum... Slim fast.. never had it. Nothing out of the ordinary on my diet. No breathing problems or anything, just terribly uncomfortable:frown: -- don't now anything about measles, never had them or chick pox before. No new foods, meds, fruits, shellfish, nuts, anything. :frown: :shrug:

Any chance that one of the foods you eat normally may have been prepared differently without your knowledge?

I'm still thinking it's probably a bugbite.

CMC122

Go Braves!
I'm at work and can't leave.

Well what's more important your health or your place of work. Will they fold without you for half a day?

Atleast call him to see if you can try to take some benadryl.

James White

Have a nuisance?Im 4 hire
One thing to check is your dog,check and see if it has fleas or any other parasites......You can get some nasty skin infections from what you are decribing by being bit from and infected flea.

Just a thought to look into.