MWOMerc

Foxhound

Finishing last
Well Pingsteal told me about an old favorite of mine with a new Face. I used to play Mechwarrior in its first 3 iterations. Back when you played via modem! Good gravy they have come a loooong way since then. If you like a futuristic FPS I do recommend you give this one a try. Free accounts are available.

MWO: The Future Is War

Thanks Pingsteal.

RJO

I play mechwarrior online right now. They are still in beta but its free to play (there is a cash store for certain things but you can choose to enver buy any of it). There are a few bugs but overall experience is pretty good IMO.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
How did you accomplish that, I've been trying to get mech two working for ages.

3rd party process that extracts all the files and dumps them in a folder of your choice ....

because the 'main executable' is 32 bit it runs fine, but when you actually try to load a mission in bombs trying to configure Glide ....

you can Google Mech W 2 and Win 7 64 ... there is a comprehensive website with several step by step guides ...

non of which worked for me, I just started installing 'Glide' wrappers, until I found one that would load a mission

oh and I used the Mech Warrior Windows 95 ATI Rage 3D version

there was a DOS ver.

The Titanium TrilogyEdit

MechWarrior 2: The Titanium Trilogy was released in 1997 and contains all three MechWarrior 2 games with added support for Windows 95 and 3D accelerated video hardware. Including 16-bit graphics (as opposed to the original 8-bit), which vastly changed the look of the original game.

some have had success with the TT ver. and glide wrappes

I did fine a patch that would merge a DOS Ver. with the TT version

it took about 2 hrs to get running ... while technically it plays in 1080 with out changing my monitor res. it is really 800 x 600 blown up

which looks fine

how to install mechwarrior 2 ( most versions ) easy!