Excercise or dieting?

lucaswebco

OK, I'm currently losing weight. But I didn't use dieting to do it. The very thought of dieting just makes me gain weight. So I started excerising instead. I have lost twenty pounds without dieting. And due to my increased muscle size, the weight seems to stays off.

Has anyone else done this? Or due you prefer dieting better? Or is a combination better?

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by lucaswebco
OK, I'm currently losing weight. But I didn't use dieting to do it. The very thought of dieting just makes me gain weight. So I started excerising instead. I have lost twenty pounds without dieting. And due to my increased muscle size, the weight seems to stays off.

Has anyone else done this? Or due you prefer dieting better? Or is a combination better?
Dieting has always worked better for me, only because I do not have the time to exercise. I am a single parent. When I am not working, I am working...:biggrin:

CMC122

Go Braves!

I have and I'm doing it again. I'm taking alot of walks and I feel more energized and less stressed. I've lost alot of weight doing this before in the past too. I've got 2 kids to walk off now:rolleyes:

willie

Cruel fact......eat more calories than you burn and you get fat. One small delicious brownie is 190 calories.

lucaswebco

Even though the quantity of food I eat is the same. I eat lots of fruits too. But I do still eat the occasional cake slice. But I make sure that I'm more active than I was before. And I cut out midnight snacking.

With lots of walking, light exercise and a little weight lifting, I've lost 25 pounds now. Still got 20 more to go though.

willie

Even though the quantity of food I eat is the same. I eat lots of fruits too. But I do still eat the occasional cake slice. But I make sure that I'm more active than I was before. And I cut out midnight snacking.

With lots of walking, light exercise and a little weight lifting, I've lost 25 pounds now. Still got 20 more to go though.
:yeahthat:
And when you get to the desired weight you'll be able to eat like a pig and maintain the weight as long as you keep up the exercise. Last night I had so much apple pie and Twix ice cream, there was hardly any room for the eggs, scrapple and English muffin this morning.

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
I say exercise..... You lose weight and at the same time you gain muscle, physical activity is always good for your heart...gets that blood pumpin', and exercise just makes you feel better in general.

Last edited:

claire

And due to my increased muscle size, the weight seems to stays off.

The more muscle mass one acquires through weight bearing exercises, the more he will burn fat calories, even at rest.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Congrats on your weight loss, Luke!! If you can continue to eat your regular style and still lose weight by exercising, I'd keep it up. Different things work for different people, but you've obviously found what works for you! :cheers:

Broke90GSX

I myself do push-ups, crunches, stretches, inverted push-ups & walk/jog 2-3 miles every other day. So far I've lost 13lbs of fat. My muscles are definitely bulking up & toning down the fat. :) Hello pool parties!!

Rob

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by PFgal
:tantrum :tantrum

And I just love to hate you for it...:smoochy:

I figured there was enough stupidity running through the forums today that adding a little of my own wouldn't hurt. :biggrin: