I desperately need to find a church...or a shrink!

K

Kain99

God does not hate you..... That's a huge cop out.

Let me help you by putting things into perspective. It's simple, "Life's a Biatch!"

You are not special and you have not been singled out. We all have pain, we all have sorrow, we all have hard times.

Look at it this way: You have not been diagnosed with Cancer, You are not living in a box, You are not so hungry that you eat dirt every day just to feel full.

You were not raped and mutilated in an alley, Your house did not burn down, You did not lose a child, Your husband did not beat you, You are not alone.

A good Church is a good idea....... However God can't help you unless you are willing to help yourself!

Knock it off! There is not a person in the world who can't write a sob story like you just did. I know for a fact, that many right here on these forums could write you a true story that would make you cry like a baby.

It ain't that bad Sista! get your shiat together! Stop the Poor me ride and buck up!

Last edited by a moderator:

citysherry

I Need a Beer
Originally posted by Kain99
God does not hate you..... That's a huge cop out.

Let me help you by putting things into perspective. It's simple, "Life's a Biatch!"

You are not special and you have not been singled out. We all have pain, we all have sorrow, we all have hard times.

Look at it this way: You have not been diagnosed with Cancer, You are not living in a box, You are not so hungry that you eat dirt every day just to feel full.

You were not raped and mutilated in an alley, Your house did not burn down, You did not lose a child, Your husband did not beat you, You are not alone.

A good Church is a good idea....... However God can't help you unless you are willing to help yourself!

Knock it off! There is not a person in the world who can't write a sob story like you just did. I know for a fact, that many right here on these forums could write you a true story that would make you cry like a baby.

It ain't that bad Sista! get your shiat together! Stop the Poor me ride and buck up!

:yeahthat:

K

Kain99

Re: Re: Re: I desperately need to find a church...or a shrink!

Originally posted by mainman
I was waiting for that from you...:lol:
An oldie but a goodie! :roflmao:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by christy20657
I really think I am losing it and I constantly think that God hates me! It seems like whenever I find happiness in life, something comes along and pulls the rug out from under me.

Believe it or not, it happens to everyone.

I would recommend that you and your DH get an attorney to defend yourselves against a 50% of income child support payment. I don't think a judge would award that much.

Then I would recommend that you seek counseling, either through a church or a licensed professional. You or your husband may have free counseling available through your jobs.

And finally, I'd recommend that you count your blessings. Someone already mentioned some of the things you can be thankful for, your health, your kids, your families, your jobs, etc.

And if you feel like you need the support of a church family, then by all means go and find one.

Toxick

Splat

Or laugh like one.

I could weave a true story that sounds like it should have been on a Jerry Springer show. Well, maybe not Jerry Springer, there were no three hundred pound women clad only in underwear with shitstains in the rump. But it was one hell of a domestic adventure.

I'm not going to weave this tale here - since I don't like wearing my life on my sleeve - plus it all happened in Southern MD, and I don't want a bunch of :gossip: now that I'm past all that.

Anyway, my point: At the time, I was so stressed out that I thought my hair would turn white, or I would end up in jail after snapping. And there were a few times where I seriously contemplated getting a new identity, and just leaving. And I thought that God was deliberately raining fury down on me.

Looking back, I don't feel like laughing (even though it's kinda funny, on a cosmic level) but I'm glad that I never did anything rash, and I'm glad that episode in my life is over.

Hang in there christy20657. Things will get better. That's not just cheesy optimism - it's firsthand experience talking.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I vote for the shrink. Not only will s/he teach you to make better decisions with your life, but s/he will help you come to terms with the decisions other people have made that affect you.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I vote for the shrink. Not only will s/he teach you to make better decisions with your life, but s/he will help you come to terms with the decisions other people have made that affect you.

:yeahthat:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Kain STFU! You're constantly having meltdowns yet you tell someone else to buck up. :rolleyes:

Christy. I really do wish the best for you and hope you pull through everything all right. The saying "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger" is a very true statement. Have faith in yourself above anything else and you can get through anything.

J

justhangn

Stop looking for excuses.......

take a hard look at yourself and make changes there, the rest will fall into place........

and YES, this is much easier said than done.

Good luck. :cheers:

K

Kain99

Originally posted by pixiegirl
Kain STFU! You're constantly having meltdowns yet you tell someone else to buck up. :rolleyes:
Hey Pix: News Flash! This isn't about me... it's about a girl who needed good advice. I know this may come as a huge suprise to you but not everyone thinks the world revolves around them.

Now be a good little girl and take your own advice. :wink:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Hey Pix: News Flash! This isn't about me... it's about a girl who needed good advice. I know this may come as a huge suprise to you but not everyone thinks the world revolves around them.

Now be a good little girl and take your own advice. :wink:

And you're anyone to give advice Miss Meltdown Queen? And my point was just that YOU shouldn't be giving anyone in personal crisis advice.

Now be a good old lady and start taking some of your own advice.

K

Kain99

And you're anyone to give advice Miss Meltdown Queen? And my point was just that YOU shouldn't be giving anyone in personal crisis advice.
Lucky for me that I don't care what the GREAT Pixie thinks. :roflmao:

K

Kain99

And hopefully Christy will feel the same way about you. :cheesy:
Sorry Pix, just don't have the energy to meet your custom status request today..... Find someone else to "Feed me" K? :wink:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Sorry Pix, just don't have the energy to meet your custom status request today..... Find someone else to "Feed me" K? :wink:

Go have a couple beers. Then I'm sure you'll have more then enough energy for me and the rest of the county. :wink: