Lawn Tractor

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Any recommendations on a good quality built, reasonable price, Lawn Tractor?
TIA

V/r
DoWhat

PS I know John Deere is Excellent, so if you know someone selling a used one, please let me know.

Pete

Repete
I went to Sears over in Wildewood and got one that had been returned. It came with the full warranty and had nothing wrong with it. It was regularly $1,800 but I got it for $1,200. They have a few of them there. Most are returned because of a minor problem or even that somebody bought it and got it home to find out it was too big.

I got the 20HP LT1000, parts and attachments are cheaper compared to JD. Same engine, same frame, different shape and paint job.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Pete
I went to Sears over in Wildewood and got one that had been returned. It came with the full warranty and had nothing wrong with it. It was regularly $1,800 but I got it for $1,200. They have a few of them there. Most are returned because of a minor problem or even that somebody bought it and got it home to find out it was too big.

I got the 20HP LT1000, parts and attachments are cheaper compared to JD. Same engine, same frame, different shape and paint job.
Hydrostatic?

Originally posted by Pete

I have the 17.5 HP LT1000 w/ hydro drive. It is great. No complaints/problems other than I managed to slpit the weld on the front axle by hitting ditches/ruts in front and side yard at high speed repeatedly. It still works fine, have a new replacement axle in the basement that I will replace it with eventually. Considering the abuse I have subjected it to (pulling utility trailer full of mulch, pulling 19' boat around driveway), it is amazing it is still around. It starts right up every time I take it out, even thought I do NOTHING to store it for the winter other than raise the seat up with a branch under it so that water won't stand in it.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by DoWhat
Hydrostatic?
Yes, it costs a little more than standard. Personally I don't see much difference, you don't have to stop or clutch on the standard.

What do you think of a JD LT150, 1 yr old for $1700?
But it only has a 15hp :bawl:
I don't see the point in paying $500 + extra just for the JD paint & name.

Bought a Craftman LT 2000.
This it?
07127380000-190.jpg

What size motor/cutting deck?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Originally posted by huntr1
Just curious, what made you go with the LT2000 Vs. the LT1000?
:shrug:
Didn't really look at the 1000.
I was told the 2000, came with a better engine (Kohler Pro).

Pete

Repete
:shrug:
Didn't really look at the 1000.
I was told the 2000, came with a better engine (Kohler Pro).
I have the LT1000 with the 2 cyl Brigs. The thing had a metal cover over the fitting for the oil filer. I used it for a few weeks before buying an oil filter and changing the oil. I finally got the cover off and there is no nipple to screw the filter on. :confused: Confused I put the cover back on until I could go to Sears and see WTF. I was told my engine does not have pressurized oil system and because of that it doesn't use a filter. :duh: I thought all 2 cyl had pressurized oil systems. Oh well, I am sure it will last a long time anyway. The twin cyl runs so much smoother and stronger.