Video Cameras

Christy

b*tch rocket
Ours crapped out and am in the market for a new one. The thing is, I need one that will be able to playback my 8mm tapes I have now. I really need to get them all burnt to DVD's but just have been too lazy to mess with even figuring out what I need to do to make that happen.

I'm not looking for anything fancy, the less fancy shmancy choices, the better, since all I've ever done with my camcorders is hit the flippin play button. I could care less about special effects and whatnot.

Any suggestions?

Danzig

Originally posted by Christy
I really need to get them all burnt to DVD's but just have been too lazy to mess with even figuring out what I need to do to make that happen.

Hey Lazy, How many hours you got that need transfered?

JabbaJawz

Be about it
We've been transferring our 8mm tape to VHS, but would rather go the DVD route. Will have to do that at some point.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Re: Re: Video Cameras

Originally posted by Danzig
Hey Lazy, How many hours you got that need transfered?

To be quite honest, I haven't a clue. :dork: I have about 10 tapes, some are filled, some have about 10 minutes worth of kids events taped, then blank. It's hard to say. None of it is in any logical order either.

Can you tell I'm organized? :confused: :lmao:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I need to buy a VHS to DVD recorder...
but I'm afraid once I convert all my stuff, I won't need the VHS part of it anymore and I will have wasted my money.

Danzig

I got a DVD recorder with a hard drive built in. The hard drive holds around 80 hours. IT'S GREAT.

They are as cheap as $350 for the bottom line DVD recorder, or you could always 'rent' one from Target for 90 days, or Circuit City for 30 days.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by Danzig
I got a DVD recorder with a hard drive built in. The hard drive holds around 80 hours. IT'S GREAT.

They are as cheap as $350 for the bottom line DVD recorder, or you could always 'rent' one from Target for 90 days, or Circuit City for 30 days.

Thought about that... feels dishonest. :ohwell:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
So what all do I need to convert my 8MM to DVD? :confused:

If you have the 8 MM to VHS Adapter, my guess is that a VHS-to-DVD recorder, like I mentioned above, will work.

Pete

Repete
Re: Re: Re: Video Cameras

To be quite honest, I haven't a clue. :dork: I have about 10 tapes, some are filled with Steve and I doing our version of the Olympics, some have about 10 minutes worth of kids events taped, then blank. It's hard to say. None of it is in any logical order either.

Can you tell I'm organized? :confused: :lmao:
:really: