SM Trail Ride - Memorial Day!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
No i don't show, not yet. We have 3 appy mares (a blanket grade - 'Cheyenne', a bay roan - 'Sage', sired by Son of A Hustler, and a CPO'd linebred Goer girl - double Contrabond - 'G-G'), and a few spot pony mare named Snowy, plus 2 QH geldings - Dillon and Harley. I'm member of Freesate Ap club, and am currently designing their website so i'll get involved with the show folks, but don't know if i'll actually show anything. My 7 y/o daughter wants to do barrels. :)

I've been happyappygirl for a year on other boards...so just kept it on this one. don't think anyone will confuse us, mine's so LOOOOONG.:smile: and i have the barrel racer pic with it.
~dee

mingiz

Horse Poor
SMTR Memorial Day Ride

Hello
Welcome to Southern Md. SMTR has a web site. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SMTR/ You have to register to look. They usually have burgers and such at rides. There rides are usually good ones. The cost is 10$ for non members. Neg coggins required. I can email you phone numbers for contacts if you'd like. Just let me know. Be glad to help.

arabianpony

This trail ride is in Bryan's road, right? How far is that?

I don't have a trailer (or anything to pull one). Don't suppose anybody going to this would have space in the trailer? I would expect to pay a fee.

I don't remember if I have my children for this or not. If not, I would love to go. If I do, my son would never forgive me if I went without him, but he hasn't really riden the big horses much. Don't know if he is ready for that long on one. The pony isn't in condition for that much riding. So I probably won't go if it is my holiday with them.

My big horses are ready though! I met with a trainer/teacher this monday and get my first session Friday (weather permitting) I am SOOOO excited!!!!!

This week is taking forever. I just know it will storm Friday evening.

Last edited:

mingiz

Horse Poor
SMTR Ride

Don't know exactlly how far it is. This will be my first time on this ride. It's hosted by Russ Baker 301-375-8946 or Mete Jensen 301-743-6005 U can call them for more info. I have directions if you would like them.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Ok who is going?

We are....4 of us. My youngest daughter will be riding in her buddy saddle with me (or her dad)!

arabianpony

there is a trail ride in Hollywood from Hickory Hollow Monday, and it is going right thru our farm, so I think I will attend that one. Can't remember what the club's name is, but I ride with some of them often. Plus I can ride over early and ride home.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Rescheduled ride!

Ok you guys have another chance to do this ride...anyone? We are planning to ride....it all the planets align. :dance:
~happy~

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
When are they 12 weeks old? What kind of show is soooo small?? And SHORT? I could do those kind! :biggrin:
~happy~

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Be interested to see how you wean.
And you will REALLY ride Western at an English show???
NOW that's worth seeing, :roflmao:
~happy~
Wish we didn't already have plans!