Mares In Season

arabianpony

I just got my gelding and my 2 mares are squirting all over the place. I have to keep bathing them, but my paint mare has big quarters and the skin between her legs is getting raw and nasty. What in the world do you do? Giant powder puff?
I was thinking corn starch?
any suggestions?

arabianpony

Originally posted by appyday
they will only be in heat about 5 days..then again in 21 etc etc.:dance:

I thought it was supposed to be short like that, but it has been well over a week! The paint mare sidles up beside him and rubs her body on him and will reach down and nibble on his head. Poor guy doesn't know what he is driving them to.
I will do the vasaline though, thank you. She REALLY looks sore!
The outer skin is peeling off in strips. Never had this problem with her before.

arabianpony

backing up and flagging him too:rolleyes: see why my show mares are on regumate:dance:

Hey, now you mention it, it's been a long time for me too, do they make regumate for people?
:bawl:

K

Kizzy

So let me get this straight? I'm not a horse person, so you bring in the female and the males start peeing and squirting like crazy? I'm not trying to be funny, I really have no clue.

K

Kizzy

The mares (females) sqat and pee when in season to attract the males..a new male brings the girls in season..all will cool off after he has been there for awile

:lol: If I was a horse, I'd be a virgin.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by IM4Change
:lol: If I was a horse, I'd be a virgin.

Yeah, but IM4, ya gotta admit if you just have to pizz on yourself to attract a man, it sure beats the crap out of what we normally have to do. :biggrin:

K

Kizzy

Hey, never thought of it that way. :killingme

Sure would be a lot less work.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Hey, never thought of it that way. :killingme

Sure would be a lot less work.

Yep. Think about it...no fussing with your hair, watching your weight...crud, no need to even dress nice. Just lift your leg a bit when a hottie walks by and voila!

arabianpony

You could just save yourself some headache and bring them over to be bred that will keep them out for about a year:cheers: [/B]

I have never worked with babies. They are so cute, but an inexperienced person (ME) can really ruin young horses by accident.
I still haven't seen your babies yet. Seems like every spare moment I have I am at the barn. Friend of mine pretty much dragged me out last weekend. 'Bout what it takes lately.
Last winter I developed a couple drainage/erosion problems that I am trying to correct before fall. Hard work by myself. I am laying drainage pipe, covering it with rock/sand mixture, tamping and then about 6in of excavated soil. Then I will have to seed it and fence it off. Plus poop control in the pastures, mowing, liming, seeding, fence repair. Nice if I have time to actually RIDE the horses.
Who needs a gym memberhship? Come over to my farms for some digging, raking, wheelbarrowing and I'll have you fit in no time. should be getting hay in a couple weeks then I have to haul it with pulley and ropes into the hay loft. UGH!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Originally posted by cattitude
Just lift your leg a bit when a hottie walks by and voila!
You don't typically do that when you're bending over loading dishes into the washer to attract Otter? :confused:

K

Kizzy

:rolleyes: Catt your bad...when you see what that stud had for you ...you would run:bubble:

So they are well hung?

This gets even better. :jet:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
:rolleyes: Catt your bad...when you see what that stud had for you ...you would run:bubble:
'

I've always been about the challenge. I don't want any of 'em, I just want to attract them. :diva:

arabianpony

Been trying to pull a 'tom sawyer' on my family and friends. Who needs a gym when you can do productive work and get in shape.... doesn't seem to work.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
So they are well hung?

This gets even better. :jet:

C'mon girl, crawl out from under that rock. :lmao: You've never seen a "boy horsie" relaxing in the field. :yikes: :killingme

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
We are going to scare HappyAppy away from here when she sees this thread..

Why don't you offer to trim her Schnauzer as a way of making her feel comfortable and part of the group? :biggrin: