lameness question

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
one of my mares came up lame yesterday. She was farriered 2 1/2 weeks ago, and had a lot taken off, she was pretty stacked when we got her, so the farrier is trying to get her feet back to normal. Yesterday, she came up ouchy on her right front foreleg. We rode fri/sunday/sunday, never hard rides over here, all on flat sandy trails. She has swelling about half the size of a silver dollar, in the region where the suspensory ligament attaches, on the side of her leg just slightly above where the sesamiod bones are, not along the back of the cannon bone where a normal bowed tendon would show up. It's round, squishy, and painful if I squeeze, but not hot. I started her on 2 but twice a day. Anyone have any ideas on what this could be?
~happy~ not so happy right now...:bawl:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I didn't start her, I've only had her a year and she's 10. Could that happen if she was maybe kicked in the trailer? my gelding paws when impatient, and maybe he whacked her. I'll get a pic tomorrow morning. I'm giving her 2 bute twice a day for 3 days, then 1 1/2 twice a day for 3 days and so on so she on for about 3 weeks. It seemed smaller today, but it's still sore. No heat though.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
ABSOLUTELY! I really like your boy's babies (can you send more pix??), and hope he can give me some nice color with my bay roan mare, both her parents are roan too (she's the Son of a Hustler daughter) i can see the chocolate spots under her coat, and the roan is incredible compared to what she was when i bought her last year! she had barely any roan at all, and now i can see where i think she'll roan out a nice blanket across her hips eventually. I'm tickled pink! and i hope we get some nice color from your boy. I would like to breed her when she come into heat late this month. she's in heat now i think, but finances won't let me breed her right now, so i have to wait till next heat. :bawl:
~dee~

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
OK, I can bring her after the SMTR sunday and leave her then. email me your cell number again, and directions to your place. dee.fleetwood@briesrottweilers.com She was winking on Monday. How long does it usually take for a breeding? this is the fist time i've ever done this. Oh, and how much is mare care?:dance:
~happy~

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I'll ask hubby if he can meet me tomorrow after work with her.
She was funny, I scratched her tail and she threw her legs back and swung her tail to the side...so yeah i guess she's ready :dance:
~happy~

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
follow up

just realized i forgot to follow-up, my girl popped an abscess Friday, so her lameness is minor in the grand scheme of things! HOORAY!
~happy~:cheers: :dance: :clap: