Mosquito Magnets

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Anybody have one?
Are they worth it?
What else can I do to kill the ba$tards?

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
Went into Lowe’s last night and they have these 'mosquito machines' is what I was calling them. They run off propane tanks.... them suckers were like $200 a piece!!!

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Originally posted by CowGirlUp
They run off propane tanks.... them suckers were like $200 a piece!!!
That is what I am thinking of getting.
I know where to find them. I want to know if they work well.

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
Originally posted by DoWhat
That is what I am looking for.
I know where to find them. I want to know if they work well.
Oh....So it's a magnet? Why does it need propane?

If its that expensive I would think it would work. :shrug:

James White

Have a nuisance?Im 4 hire
Do What.In my opinion seeing people who have used all these things and the magnet one.Save your money.

Reason is they draw in the skeeters,but cannot effectivly kill all of them they draw in,therfore resulting in having more around when you use one of these devices.

PS.I have 3 in the garage,that customers I was doing work for,told me to take it and trash it for them.

Other than doing al the precausions to avaoid mosquitoes to harbor in your area,There is really nothing effective out there,but harsh chem spraying.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Are the mosquitos that bad where you are? I can't help but think one of these skeeter killers is like those stupid bags that attract japanese beetles.

I've got plenty of dragonflys, birds, and frogs that eat bugs around here. Last year there wasn't much of a problem. Plus they spray the neighborhood.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Originally posted by James White
There is really nothing effective out there,but harsh chem spraying.
How much does that cost?
When I lived in the Ranch club they would drive around spraying something, but it didn't seem like it did anything at my house.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.

PS.I have 3 in the garage,that customers I was doing work for,told me to take it and trash it for them.

Wanna sell one? My neighbor has bees and so the community association can't spray skeeter killer from the truck on our street anymore. I intend to put up martin houses and bat boxes, and maybe see about getting the county to fix a drainage issue in the right of way out front.

Still want to try one of these suckers and I might as well give you money instead of Lowe's.

James White

Claw,I am not going to sell junk...sorry

As for areas that have a large mosquito population,you can ask for assistance from the Md.Dept. or Ag. ,for spraying your areas.

There is federal money out there ,for this purpose.

Many homeowners associations hire a company (I dont spray for skeeters) to spray there communities on contract.

Bat houses and IPM,Integrated Pest management Practices are the best approach.

If you have a county owned right away of storm water drainage,and have a problem there,It is the responsibility of the county to solve the problem.

There are many methods ,to control them....Could go on forever ,but aint got the time,sorry.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Claw,I am not going to sell junk...sorry

As for areas that have a large mosquito population,you can ask for assistance from the Md.Dept. or Ag. ,for spraying your areas.

There is federal money out there ,for this purpose.

Thanks, I will give them a call and see what they say.

I wonder if I bought a Magnet at Lowes and if it don't work, if they will allow me to return it, for my money back.

James White

RETURN POLICY

The Mosquito Magnet can be returned within 30 days of receipt. All returned goods must be in new re-sellable condition and in the original packaging. Customers are responsible for returning the item in the original packaging and in resalable condition.

The Mosquito Magnet is to be returned, freight pre-paid, along with a copy of your invoice and reason for return. You must call us toll-free at 866-451-8727 for a Return Authorization Number (RMA#), this needs to be on the shipping label. We will refuse delivery of any units without a RMA # and it will be returned to sender at their expense.

A 10% restocking charge will be deducted from the item. Abnormal wear, dirt, or abuse of the unit may increase the restock charge. Any “Free Shipping” item returned will have the out bound freight charge deducted from the total return amount.

Defective units may be exchanged during the first 30 days; after 30 days the manufacturer warranty applies.

The 30-day time frame begins when you receive your order. Returns must be postmarked or shipped back to us no later than the 30th day from the date of receipt. Returns shipped beyond the 30-day time frame will not be refunded and will be returned to sender at their expense.