My pet-sitting experience

S

starr

I was pet/house sitting for one of my mom's friend this weekend. I was all exicited because they have a pool and it was open. Well of course the weekend was nasty and kinda cold so no pool. But I got up to let the dog out Sunday morning and there was a dead possum floating in the pool. I was totally grossed out put scooped it out and put it into the woods.

They had also been having problems with crows dipping to drink the water and pooping all in the pool. Well I got home yesterday and got the mail before pulling into the driveway. I put the mail on my lap and looked down.....covered in ants. I jumped out of the car, flung the mail and tried to get all the ants off me. Then I go to empty out the pool filter and there is a crow in it. I went and got some gloves because I wouldn't touch it with my hands and then I wondered if it was really dead because it's head was still above. I went and got a stick and tried to get it out with that and all of the sudden it swacked at me and I about fell over. Needless to say I left it for them to take care and they just laughed at me. I told them next time if I'm going to be caring for more than the dog I want to know in advance.

I thought I put this in the Chit Chat section. Whoops.

S

starr

I've watched that dog for a couple of years now, never the slighest problem. I love the little poddle. I was just there two weeks ago and will be back at the end of the month for a week.

By boyfriends mom said they had crap load of ants in their mailbox too. Carpenter ants are confused these days.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by cariblue
Can't think of anything specific. However, I don't think you should go back to that house. Something is weird there.
I'm with Cari on this one. Don't go in the pool.

S

starr

Not a chance! I know there had been dead stuff all in there.