Stepford Wives

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Saw this last weekend. Lots of dark humor here, and some lines that only an aware adult would catch.

I don't think I've ever seen that many beautiful women in a PG (i think) rated film. :biggrin:

I enjoyed the movie... I never saw the original, so I saw this movie as refreshingly different from anything I've seen before. And the twist at the end... I never saw it coming.

:yay: :yay: for me.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Did the theme or message differ from the original 1975 film with Katherine Ross? The original implied that men wanted women only to be phuque-dolls and domestic slaves, not three-dimensional human beings. There's a comical scene where one of the Wives is screaming, "Oh baby, you're the best, you're the champ," and her husband is a George Costanza type.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by Tonio
Did the theme or message differ from the original 1975 film with Katherine Ross? The original implied that men wanted women only to be phuque-dolls and domestic slaves, not three-dimensional human beings. There's a comical scene where one of the Wives is screaming, "Oh baby, you're the best, your the champ," and her husband is a George Costanza type.

Like I said... I didn't see the original...
but the theme of this one seemed to be that the men weren't secure with their wives being more successful than they were... and so they basically wanted to change their wives into "phuque-dolls and domestic slaves"... as you put it.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Thanks for the info. My question about comparing the two versions was directed at anyone who has seen both.