Moore's 9/11

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Oh, I'm counting on it...

...Mike Moore is a walking, talking, film producing DU-esque web site.

I think everyone should see Moore's 'art'.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I think it's wrong to pressure theaters not to carry the film, which is going on right now in California. Let people see it and make up their own minds. People are intelligent enough to see for themselves what a self-righteous jerk Moore is.

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Why won't anyone report on the vast LEFT-wing conspiracy to unseat Bush???? Moore is but one of the players in this conspiracy.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
He's the poster boy for morons. I'm all for free speech and all that good stuff, but who thinks it's a good idea to publicly flame your president and everything your country stands for? If he's so unhappy with how America has turned out, why doesn't he just move? I'm sure France would be happy to have him :cheers:

On another note, I'd like to see his fat azz stuffed into camo, carrying God knows how much weight on his back in the dessert all the while not knowing if you're gonna live to see tomorrow, then come back and make a film like this. Morom :rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Voter2002
Why won't anyone report on the vast LEFT-wing conspiracy to unseat Bush???? Moore is but one of the players in this conspiracy.
This month's NewsMax magazine had a big story about all the free promotion the media is giving John Kerry by bashing Bush. It's very disturbing.

Now I REALLY want Bush to win just so I can say :neener: to the nutty liberal film makers and "reporters" who are trying to hijack this election.

SamSpade

Originally posted by vraiblonde
This month's NewsMax magazine had a big story about all the free promotion the media is giving John Kerry by bashing Bush. It's very disturbing.

Now I REALLY want Bush to win just so I can say :neener: to the nutty liberal film makers and "reporters" who are trying to hijack this election.

It does basically suck that with all of the new laws regarding political advertising, Hollywood gets a free pass. They get to make "documentaries" that are nothing more than campaign ads. They can even claim "we're doing this to put Kerry in the White House and get rid off Bush" and somehow, it's ok.

Damn, how I'd love to see even ONE Hollywood type make an effort to fight terror.

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Originally posted by Nickel
If he's so unhappy with how America has turned out, why doesn't he just move? I'm sure France would be happy to have him :cheers:

You mean just like all those Hollywood stars who SWORE they would move to Canada if Bush got elected???? They're still here.....:rolleyes:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Originally posted by Voter2002
You mean just like all those Hollywood stars who SWORE they would move to Canada if Bush got elected???? They're still here.....:rolleyes:
That's because when you get down to the nitty-gritty, they're selfish. They would never leave the country that gives them all the freedom to act like the tards that they are...

hamsterfang

The hamster litter reject
So Moore's a "hatriot". God knows you must love your president to be patriotic, eh? Just because someone doesn't support their leader doesn't mean they hate their country or aren't patriotic. I suppose if Kerry or Nader (haha) got into office and you didn't support them and made a film to show your displeasure, you would be unpatriotic as well. Maybe you'd be the one packing your bags and going to France. I've seen a lot of political talk on these forums only to see responses such as "Well, you're just unpatriotic!" or "Go back to France!" or "If you don't like America, you can geeeet out!". Ah, Southern Maryland's finest.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by hamsterfang
God knows you must love your president to be patriotic, eh?
You completely missed the point. Not many of us were crazy about ol' Slick Willie but we (or at least I) would have been just as disturbed if this sort of unpatriotic, disrespectful ugliness was directed at him.

Those of us who watched it all go down in real time see Moore's revisionist history for what it is. Pure crap.

hamsterfang

I can see how you called the film disrespectful, but not how you call it unpatriotic. Once again, how is it unpatriotic to trash talk a leader you disagree with? Bad taste- possibly. Unpatriotic- no.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Unpatriotic- no.
I disagree. A patriotic person would respect the office, if not the man. By trash talking the man - and by that I mean name-calling, over-the-top ugliness and other juvenile antics - you show disrespect to the office of President, not merely the man that happens to hold that title.

You can disagree with George Bush without calling him names and making up nasty lies about him. You can disagree without likening him to Hitler and other Leftist nonsense.

I predict Bush will win in a landslide - and you have no one to blame but yourselves. Kerry's in a predicament right now. He can't condone Michael Moore and his ilk because it will make him look as nutty as they are and he loses the middle. He also can't condemn them because that will be sticking up for Bush and he'll lose his base.

hamsterfang

Jumping to conclusions?

You immediately assume that because I don't see how this movie is unpatriotic that I:

1) Must be a democrat (leftist as it was put)
and
2) Must support John Kerry.

Let’s be realistic. This is going to be an extremely close election, like it or not.

And as I said before, while it may be in bad taste to make such a movie, especially so close to election time, it's not unpatriotic to disrespect the president. Rude, yes. Unpatriotic, no. There's a big difference between being childish and being unpatriotic.

The book definition of patriotic is: (adjective) Showing lack of love for your country.

Not the president or certain individuals that make up your country, the country itself.

Otter

Nothing to see here

The book definition of patriotic is: (adjective) Showing lack of love for your country.

documentary - Presenting facts objectively without editorializing or inserting fictional matter, as in a book or film.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
documentary - Presenting facts objectively without editorializing or inserting fictional matter, as in a book or film.
I personally have not seen the entire film, but I have seen review clips of it, and comentary from many news media types who have.

The reviews range from ugly to downright unpatriotic:barf: ,
from Moore's comparision of Pres. Bush to Hitler, and of the many lies he fabricated during the filming of this motion picture.

It is not a very big leap to conclude that not only does Moore hate Pres Bush, he is hateful of his own country.

I said in another thread what people like Moore seem to forget - is that the mainstream population in our country is not radical left nor radical right; when it becomes time to vote, I think all this hateful rhetoric is going to resurface and bite these people right in the @zz come November.