police in stmarys and calvertq

J

jmo2276

what do you all think of them. Do you all think they do a good job or not? Just curious:confused:

J

jmo2276

because i accidently posted it here..i meant for it to go somehwere else ok

sifl

Originally posted by jmo2276
what do you all think of them. Do you all think they do a good job or not? Just curious:confused:
Do they do a good job of avoiding bed-hopping, desperate, pathetic badge bunnies? Not in my experience.

usnwxwfe

sifl said:
what do you all think of them. Do you all think they do a good job or not? Just curious

get your pop corn out, this is a long one.... :popcorn:

They're lazy!
here's my experience. my hubby & i were driving from northern va, making a stop in calvert to see my parent & then going down to hampton roads. (we were in 2 different cars as we just purchased a new one in NoVa). I pulled up to my hubby at a traffic light to tell him we had to make a quick stop. Some Nazi idiot thought i was trying to block traffic & decided to call the police & tell them i was driving "agressively". I am guessing that was the person who sped up, cut me off & almost took my bumper off.
Anyway, a few minutes later, a cop came up & pulled in between my husband & i, cutting my husband off (he had to slam on his brakes, then move over so he didnt hit the cop.) the cop got behind my husband and pulled him over, i kept going to my friends house. the cop came after me, told me i was running from him & started saying some VERY nasty things. i told him he didnt have anything on me as i wasnt doing even close to 60. He ended up giving my husband a ticket for switching lanes with out his signal (which was caused by the cop) and giving me a ticket for saying i was going over 55. The judge THANK GOD laughed at the cop & said he was a fool. (it helps that i went to school with his son too!)
anyway, i just think they are poopy! lol
Beckey
:blahblah:

usnwxwfe

willie said:
The judge said the cop was a fool? :whistle:
yes! he told the cop that on the way to work that morning that he ran a red light & wanted to know if the cop would give him a ticket for saying he ran a red light. the cop said yes. the judge called the cop a fool!!! :loser:
Beckey

K

Kain99

Cops get a crap rap! I know many of them and have dealt with them on a professional level. Calvert and St. Mary's do an awesome job! If you have had a bad experience it is not the norm!

usnwxwfe

Kain99 said:
Cops get a crap rap! I know many of them and have dealt with them on a professional level. Calvert and St. Mary's do an awesome job! If you have had a bad experience it is not the norm!

Don't get me wrong. I can't base my opinon of the entire force off of one cop's bad judgement.
I think that a few of Calverts cops are still getting used to the fact that Calvert is growing VERY fast and they sometimes try to out do themselves.
On a better note, I attended the Calvert fair for the first time in 4 years last weekend. I think that the cops did an excellent job sorting out traffic in Prince Frederick on Saturday.

Beckey

K

Kain99

usnwxwfe said:
Don't get me wrong. I can't base my opinon of the entire force off of one cop's bad judgement.
That's a good thing.... I'll tell ya the truth, I couldn't handle doing what they do everyday. I honor their service and thank God for their existence.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kain99 said:
That's a good thing.... I'll tell ya the truth, I couldn't handle doing what they do everyday. I honor their service and thank God for their existence.
Agree. I wouldn't last 10 minutes as a cop - they'd get me for police brutality with my first traffic stop. I sit and watch those cop show and I'm like, "Hello? You have a gun! Shoot him!!"

willie

vraiblonde said:
Agree. I wouldn't last 10 minutes as a cop - they'd get me for police brutality with my first traffic stop. I sit and watch those cop show and I'm like, "Hello? You have a gun! Shoot him!!"
I can see it now, Vrai pulling some poor sucker over......GET OUTTA THE CAR AND LET ME SEE YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION CARD!

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Kain99 said:

This, I don't agree with. I've had a few not-so-good experiences with the police (state and county). I also know quite a few other people that have had the same type of problems (mostly profiling against younger drivers and/or sport-compacts, or them just doing nothing). Also, looking at their track record and why they've been cracking down the police departments (specifically St. Mary's county) in the last year or so, I can't say I'm too happy with them. BTW, the "I'm above the law; I'm supreme" attitude that a lot of them have, doesn't really help too much.

Now, I also understand they have a tough job, and I'd shoot some of the people they have to put with. I do believe there are some good cops in area, that do a great job, but there are also some cops that don't deserve the badge, or the honor that goes with it. This is all based on personal experience, and the situations I've been told about from people I trust; which because of human perception gives the possibility of error.

I just have the firm belief that those who enforce the law should be held to a higher standard for keeping it, not a lower one.

usnwxwfe

Chain729 said:
I've had a few not-so-good experiences with the police (state and county). I also know quite a few other people that have had the same type of problems (mostly profiling against younger drivers and/or sport-compacts, or them just doing nothing). .

Some of them are looking for reasons to pull people over. I was going about 5 under the speed limit in North Beach one night about 2am, I was pulled over and given a warning for going (get this..) 3 over the speed limit. The cop probably thought I was drunk or something & couldn't prove it once he pulled me over. Who knows!
But once again, I can't judge a group off of one member.
Beckey

I think that they could do something alot more constructive with their time, like going after the real criminals instead sitting 5 cars strong at Sheetz on a thursday night doing absolutley nothing. One is parked illegaly talking to some girl. Three others are sitting around their cruisers drinking coffe and shooting the #### and the other two were just sitting in the cruiser doing nothing. Your tax dollars hard at work!!!