Married with a new baby

mandm

My wife and I have been married for over three years now. We have been blessed with the birth of our son three months ago. Every thing of course changes with a birth of a child. I want to know from both mothers and fathers out there, their point of view on sex life after the baby. My wife could totally live without it. Me, I need it at least once a week. I know that most mothers feel like my wife. What I want to know from you mothers and fathers out there, how do you deal with the different levels of sexual desire that husbands and wifes have. - mandm

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by mandm
how do you deal with the different levels of sexual desire that husbands and wifes have.
She gives him a mercy# now and then and he tries to understand that her attention is elsewhere these days.

Me, I need it at least once a week.
Bullshit. Before you were married you probably went weeks at a time where you weren't getting any. Unless you just picked up random women for sex, that is.

Why do guys say that? Like women are so stupid that they'll believe a week without sex is going to kill him? :rolleyes:

K

Kain99

I think I can be a little more sympathetic. Your wife is going through a massive hormonal shift. It's a super tough time. You probably equate sex with love... ( I know I do) Just bear with her. She's going through a super tough time right now. I promise you, it will all get better.

Keep loving her and don't ever stop telling her how much you want her. This too shall pass. :wink:

Toxick

Splat
We have been blessed with the birth of our son three months ago.

I want to know from both mothers and fathers out there, their point of view on sex life after the baby.

Chill out.

It will return soon.

You didn't say so, but I'm assuming that you work all day, and she's staying home with your newborn. By the end of the day, she's probably physically and emotionally drained. Give it a while, say - until the baby starts sleeping through the night - and the old drive will start to return.

There's a reason that they say the best form of birth control is children.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
thanks for the help.
Hey, you asked. :shrug:

You could always go with the time-honored tradition of picking up skeezers in bars and telling the wife it's all her fault and that if she were a better wife, you wouldn't have had to go looking somewhere else.

:shrug:

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by vraiblonde
You could always go with the time-honored tradition of picking up skeezers in bars and telling the wife it's all her fault and that if she were a better wife, you wouldn't have had to go looking somewhere else.

Not if he ever wants to see his kid again.

Or the light of day for that matter.

janey83

Twenty Something
My wife and I have been married for over three years now. We have been blessed with the birth of our son three months ago. Every thing of course changes with a birth of a child. I want to know from both mothers and fathers out there, their point of view on sex life after the baby. My wife could totally live without it. Me, I need it at least once a week. I know that most mothers feel like my wife. What I want to know from you mothers and fathers out there, how do you deal with the different levels of sexual desire that husbands and wifes have. - mandm

I've heard that after having a baby, the mom has to wait a bit to have sex because of ummm....the stretching.

K

Kain99

I feel this guys pain... He didn't see it coming. Non of them do. I think we should give him a huge hug and show him just a little compassion.

It's scary being a young Dad...

mandm

Thank you

Thank you Toxic and Cain99. I really appreciate your help. My wife and I talk a lot about the issues that we have. Let me say first that our marriage is very good. I know that when we argue, I am in the wrong most of the time. I do let her know that. I'm very typical like most males that have a hard time communicating. But when we do, we clear up a lot of things. We move on. I just needed to hear it from a different point of view. Your point of views.

K

Kain99

I have three teenage babies... But I can remember vividly how terrified I was just after the births of getting pregnant again.

Labor is a major trauma It actually scares the heck out of us for a while!

Just give Momma a little bit of time. She's tired and she's scared. Don't ever doubt that she loves you.... :wink:

mainman

Set Trippin
We have been blessed with the birth of our son three months ago.
Congrats on the gift you have been blessed with.. :yay:

I am only going to repeat what others have said and say be patient...:smile:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Re: Re: Married with a new baby

Originally posted by janey83
I've heard that after having a baby, the mom has to wait a bit to have sex because of ummm....the stretching.
Not stretching, healing...

D

dutch6

Hey, you asked. :shrug:

:shrug:
And this is from experience? I'm sorry for you.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I think everyone's being a tad too harsh. They're a young couple, this is their first child...no matter how much someone tells you about how "it's gonna be" after the baby's born, you don't really know how it is until you've experienced it. That being said, I don't remember anyone telling me that my sex drive would diminish right after the baby was born (and it would be a moot point anyways b/c I ditched the baby's father shortly thereafter). Guys don't think on the same page as women (imagine that :lol:), he probably just wants reassurance from people who have gone through the same thing, I can imagine it would feel like he's being rejected, although I'm sure he understands the shiat (literally) his wife puts up with all day.

D

dutch6

:rolleyes:
It seems you have bad feelings for men. I'm sure you've heard that they are not all alike. Believe it or not but it's true.