Stephen Hawking announces $100 million hunt for alien life

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ng-announces-100-million-hunt-for-alien-life/

On Monday, famed physicist Stephen Hawking and Russian tycoon Yuri Milner held a press conference in London to announce their new project: Injecting $100 million and a whole lot of brain power into the search for intelligent extraterrestrial life, an endeavor they're calling Breakthrough Listen.

"We believe that life arose spontaneously on Earth," Hawking said at Monday's news conference, "So in an infinite universe, there must be other occurrences of life."

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Didn't Hawking once famously warn us not to look for alien life because he reckoned they'd be hostile a la native Americans?

littlelady

God bless the USA
Which is why HE is looking for them. Because he and his super intelligent friends can work the interplanetary diplomacy.

You are a hoot! I love your posts! My hub likes the Ancient Aliens show. I am not into all that. Of course, there has to be other life in the infinity of it all. I am just focusing on the one I am part of, exhaustive in itself. However, all quite interesting, indeed.