Where should I get tinting done?

terp03

I am looking for recommendations on where (and where not to) get tinting done. I was told D&G in Leonardtown is good. Has anyone used Extreme Motorsports in Lexington Park?

Cletus_Vandam

D & G

I was going to go to D and G and get my car done, but someone in my office went before me and I was told of their horrors.

They actually cut the rubber strip along the bottom of the window so it wouldn't touch the film/glass. Afterwards, cutting this strip let all the road noise into the vehicle. They took it back, complained about the noise and they installed a piece of stick-back foam like you would buy at Lowe's to seal a storm door on your porch. Asides from looking like crap, it still let the noises in. They complained again and they finally ordered the correct replacement seal from the dealer and installed that.

All this was on a vehicle less than two-years old...

Needless to say, I didn't take my car to them for tinting. I went to Trick Trucks, bougt the tint and did it myself. Saved me the headaches and cost a few hundred less...

Sorry no suggestion on who I would let do this work. Only I wouldn't go to D & G.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I went to D & G. They did a great job! I've also done business with Trick Trucks. I'll never make that mistake again.

BabyGurl25

Originally posted by terp03
I am looking for recommendations on where (and where not to) get tinting done. I was told D&G in Leonardtown is good. Has anyone used Extreme Motorsports in Lexington Park?

I got mine done by too intense...they come to your house and do it...turned out nice!!!!

Cletus_Vandam

Originally posted by mAlice
I went to D & G. They did a great job! I've also done business with Trick Trucks. I'll never make that mistake again.

I have only purchased from Trick Trucks; never had work done there. What did they screw up for you?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Re: Re: Where should I get tinting done?

Originally posted by BabyGurl25
I got mine done by too intense...they come to your house and do it...turned out nice!!!!

How much did they charge you? Hook me up with the number please. :biggrin:

BabyGurl25

Re: Re: Re: Where should I get tinting done?

Originally posted by pixiegirl
How much did they charge you? Hook me up with the number please. :biggrin:

I think it was like 180 something like that, i got them done right at the townhouse after i had the baby....it started out with some bubbles in it but, than after time they soaked it, i really like it.....

we bought a new truck this weekend...need to get the rear window tinted.

not sure of the number right off hand

terp03

Re: D & G

Originally posted by Cletus_Vandam

Needless to say, I didn't take my car to them for tinting. I went to Trick Trucks, bougt the tint and did it myself. Saved me the headaches and cost a few hundred less...

Sorry no suggestion on who I would let do this work. Only I wouldn't go to D & G.

Did you find it easy to do yourself? How much did it cost for just the tint? I got a quote of $159 to get it done at Extreme Motorsports.....which is about what I expected.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Re: Re: Re: Re: Where should I get tinting done?

I think it was like 180 something like that, i got them done right at the townhouse after i had the baby....it started out with some bubbles in it but, than after time they soaked it, i really like it.....

we bought a new truck this weekend...need to get the rear window tinted.

not sure of the number right off hand

That's not a bad price since your windows are rather large. Do me a favor and dig out the number. B and I both need to get our vehicles done.

BabyGurl25

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where should I get tinting done?

Originally posted by pixiegirl
That's not a bad price since your windows are rather large. Do me a favor and dig out the number. B and I both need to get our vehicles done.

here ya go....301-645-8468

i am thinking about letting trick trucks do our new truck....they are putting in the bed liner this weekend....

Cletus_Vandam

Re: Re: D & G

Did you find it easy to do yourself? How much did it cost for just the tint? I got a quote of $159 to get it done at Extreme Motorsports.....which is about what I expected.

Doing it yourself takes some patience and some experience. I bought the tint for less than $20-I think that was for 10-feet.

I paid someone years ago to do the windows in my explorer and I watched him and learned. He used a spray bottle filled with water with a little (a drop or two) of Joy dish soap in it. Sparayed down the OUTSIDE of the window and laid the tint reversed on the glass. This allows you to get a pretty close cut tint to the window. He then pulled the clear backing off the tint while it's still on the outside fo the window, sprayed it down with the water solution as well as doing the inside glass. Then you slide if off the outside galls and slip it onto the insiode glass. I have found that if you take the door panel off the car it makes getting it down insode the bottom rubber a lot easier.

If you have the luxury of being able to leave the door panels off it for a couple of days, that's the best; otherwise put the panels back on a don't use the windows for a couple of days to make sure the tint is adhered to the glass.

Give it a try. Don't let it intimidate you.

Cletus_Vandam

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where should I get tinting done?

here ya go....301-645-8468

i am thinking about letting trick trucks do our new truck....they are putting in the bed liner this weekend....

Just curious, why would you get a bed liner when there's Line-X???:confused:

H

HollowSoul

STAY AWAY FROM EXTREME!!!!!!!! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!!!!

dustin

UAIOE
Re: Re: Where should I get tinting done?

Originally posted by HollowSoul
STAY AWAY FROM EXTREME!!!!!!!! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!!!!

depends on who you talk to there. i would never get any service done there....

my buddy got his rear window all hosed up when they did it...

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Re: Re: Re: Where should I get tinting done?

Originally posted by dustin
depends on who you talk to there. i would never get any service done there....

my buddy got his rear window all hosed up when they did it...
but that's not all he was looking to get hosed :cheers:

BabyGurl25

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where should I get tinting done?

What is a Line-X???:confused:

Was going to get the spray on but not for no 400 some dollars......

BabyGurl25

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where should I get tinting done?

What is a Line-X???:confused:

Was going to get the spray on but not for no 400 some dollars......