High-Risk Auto Insurance?

damn_hippie

Hi,

I'm starting to shop around for auto insurance, but am probably considered a high risk mainly because I have 3 speeding tickets, and haven't had insurance on a vehicle for about a year (I know, big ass MVA fine to pay).

So, who has the best auto insurance rates for people who don't have the most pristine record?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by damn_hippie
Hi,

I'm starting to shop around for auto insurance, but am probably considered a high risk mainly because I have 3 speeding tickets, and haven't had insurance on a vehicle for about a year (I know, big ass MVA fine to pay).

So, who has the best auto insurance rates for people who don't have the most pristine record?

MAIF?

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by damn_hippie
Hi,

When did you get your speeding tickets? State Farm will insure you if you haven't had more than 3 tickets in the past 2 years.

Other than that, my guess is that your best bet is to go with some local insurance agency, as most of the big ones probably won't insure you. :shrug:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Re: Re: High-Risk Auto Insurance?

Originally posted by pixiegirl
MAIF?
:yeahthat: Being the goody two-shoes that I am :)lol:), I'm considered high risk because I was in 2 accidents within 3 weeks (the first, I was rearended while at a complete stop, the second was my fault, and weather related). I got quotes from about 10 places (national and local), MAIF was the cheapest for me.