Favorite Bible Verses

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Do you have a favorite?

Feel free to quote it and maybe say why.

Here goes:

Romans 8:28

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

Did you catch the ALL things part? This verse helps me to remember that even when things look their darkest God uses the situation to help further his goals and those of his followers.

Anyone else have a favorite?

Warning for those juvenile souls out there that want to pick a fight or run this thread into the gutter: I will ignore you. Worse yet for your ego - I will forgive you. :biggrin:

Firefly

I like:

Behold, I will corrupt your seed and spread dung upon you faces.

-Malachi 2:3

or

There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

- Ezekiel 23:20

Good stuff.

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted in Psalm 137
O Babylon, you will be destroyed.
Happy is the one who pays you back
for what you have done to us.
Happy is the one who takes your babies
and smashes them against the rocks!

Actually, that's not my favorite...
I don't really have a favorite in particular. Sometimes I like the uplifting verses better...

When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Originally posted by Firefly
I like:

Behold, I will corrupt your seed and spread dung upon you faces.

-Malachi 2:3

or

There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

- Ezekiel 23:20

Good stuff.

You keep your bible under your mattress, don't you? :really:

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
I always like the one about how God deals with whiners--

Numbers 11:18- (NLT)
"And tell the people to purify themselves, for tomorrow they will have meat to eat. Tell them, 'The LORD has heard your whining and complaints: "If only we had meat to eat! Surely we were better off in Egypt!" Now the LORD will give you meat, and you will have to eat it. And it won't be for just a day or two, or for five or ten or even twenty. You will eat it for a whole month until you gag and are sick of it. For you have rejected the LORD, who is here among you, and you have complained to him, "Why did we ever leave Egypt?"

Or one that somebody told me before that there is proof after all that there will be no women in heaven

Revelations 8:1 (NIV)
When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.