My amazing co-pilot

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Vrai :love: did an awesome job with the necessary adjustments to hit the road, roll down the road and live wherever we park. I give her a lot of credit. Lots of gals frown upon any living arrangements that don't include high count cotton sheets & room service.

We have great conversation while we are sitting out in nature. We both like trying different foods and doing walk about in neat places. :huggy:

And we almost never seem to do this. :boxing:

I can't wait for our next trip. Maybe a trip south in the next few months.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
To be fair, Monello is so easy to get along with that you'd have to be highly motivated in order to pick a fight with him.

We've had some good experiences in our short little maiden voyage. Dry camping; rain and thunderstorms. I'm kind of glad everything wasn't picture perfect so I'd get a flawed impression.

PJay

Two people have to like each other a lot to live it full time....if you think about it.. you are actually living in a box on wheels. Vrai is lucky that she's starting out with someone who already knows the ropes. When we started we knew nothing together. We've had a couple " oh crap! " moments and learned from our mistakes..wait...false! One we did twice and I am too shy yet to share that one. We get along great together, no fussing. We do get frustrated at times when the 5th wheel seems to be shrinking, bumping into things etc. Or me trying to wrap my brain around how the potty and water pipes work. Do this.. don't do that!

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
To be fair, Monello is so easy to get along with that you'd have to be highly motivated in order to pick a fight with him.

We've had some good experiences in our short little maiden voyage. Dry camping; rain and thunderstorms. I'm kind of glad everything wasn't picture perfect so I'd get a flawed impression.

You were born for this. All you needed was the right guy! :clap:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
My husband is fairly easy going most of the time but there is something about setting up and breaking down a camper that brings the a-hole out in him. The last time we went camping in our own camper, I was so pissed off that I put the camper up on Craigslist and sold it in 2-3 days. We have been talking about getting another one for 2 years and we are actually considering doing so next year.... but so help me god, I will drive a jack in his rear end if he gets out of hand.

I really don't understand why we tend to fight so badly while setting up and breaking down a site. We have built decks, remodeled bathrooms, gutted and rebuilt a kitchen and have zero issues taking the boat or skies out.... but OMG setting up and breaking down a camp site, you would think we were trying to recreate Ancient Rome. :rolleyes: But on a more positive note, we did take out my dad's a few times with it being just us two and it was nice.

So perhaps our kids were adding to the stress.... :tap:

littlelady

God bless the USA
... and have zero issues taking the boat or skies out...

That was a great story! Thanks. Now, I understand your reference in the Joaquin thread about your huge swimming pool; I was thinking Olympic size, but you live on the water! :doh: Lucky you! We just get the runoff! :lol: It does feed Cyprus Swamp; so that is a good thing.

Edit: To stay on topic. We don't own an RV. I said in a previous thread that my hub wants our RV to be a boat. I am not totally on board with that, but still open for discussion. We have gone camping with a tent over the years; with and without children. But, we have been together 24/7 for many, many years. Hub works out of the house and has forever. We are always together, unless one of us leaves for one reason or another. We are used to close quarters and get along great! Each other's best friend and all that other stuff; definitely co-pilots. If we end up on a boat, in an RV, or a teeny house/condo with no maintenance, all will be great. I will be happy if I am where he is, and v.s. He and I have discussed this many times. Five or so years to go until decisions have to be made. :smile:

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
So perhaps our kids were adding to the stress.... :tap:

Well...there's that... :lol:

:yay: Love the kids, but they come with baggage. Camping was never an activity we did as a family when I was married, because Thing1 was high maintenance and always required so much supervision. He didn't roll with the punches with all the "surprise or unexpected" issues which could come up. Plus, I was the one who ended up doing everything on and for vacas and I had no interest in doing that on camping trips, because, there are lots of jobs to do. (set up, take down, cooking, dishes, etc)

He was wonderful on the beach, however, so we did a lot of beachcombing and walking when he was little and we lived near beaches. He's a lot different now. He likes camping and has gone a few times with a group he belongs to.

Obviously, with children - even adult ones - on "vacation" things work different than when you go alone. They just do. I realized that on the trip last year for my family reunion to Ohio. I made adjustments to that trip this year. :jet: (It was a lot more fun. :lol:)