Outdoor wedding venues?

John Z

if you will
A friend of mine would like to get married outdoors.  Do any of you know of any such places in Southern MD?  Thanks!

Several years ago a friend of mine was married outdoors at Sotterly Mansion.  It was during the warmer time of year - all of the flowers were in bloom.  A bonus is that it also provides an overlook of the Patuxent River.

H

Hazel Eyes

I have heard couple of people got married at St. Mary's College in the garden in the warmer weather seasons.  Check that out with St. Mary's College to get more information.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
The wife and I were married at Newtowne Neck on the farm overlooking the Potomac River with St. Clements Island in the bachground.

Outdoor weddings are regularly scheduled throughout the area.  It is all in what you want and where you can find to do it.  I bet you could even get married in one of the State Parks if you desired.  I've even heard of a few on boats in the area.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How big of a wedding are we talking?  My husband and I ran away to Jamaica and got married in a little gazebo on the beach.  

My second choice would have been the Chapel at Greenwell State Park in Hollywood.  You could pretend you're John-John and Carolyn, minus the plane crash.  More suitable for a smaller wedding.

(Edited by vraiblonde at 10:13 pm on Mar. 6, 2001)

S

St Marys Girl

I've heard of Many people getting married on the grounds of Point Lookout State Park. I grew up in St Mary's County and wanted to have my own wedding there but unfortunately could not. Point Lookout State Park is Beautiful and the waves of the Bay are just wonderful. You have the bay on one side and the river on the other so you really get the best of both worlds!

C

CalvertNewbie

:lol: Yeah, especially since the OP was interested in OUTDOOR venues!

Yeah, not to mention that the OP asked about these outdoor venues over 8 years ago. I'd assume this wedding took place many years ago. Hell, half of the people who got married 8 years ago are probably divorced by now! :lmao:

John Z

if you will
Yeah, not to mention that the OP asked about these outdoor venues over 8 years ago. I'd assume this wedding took place many years ago. Hell, half of the people who got married 8 years ago are probably divorced by now! :lmao:

Too true; we don't even know these people any longer. The lady was a co-worker of my wife's from a former workplace. They might be divorced by now, or living in Argentina. :killingme