Moles are destroying my yard !!

Pete

Repete
:burning: The vermin started in the corner and have now gone all the way out to the middle.

Where can I get traps? Any other method? Flame thrower? Grenades?

You can try the traps that kill them, but I don't hold out much hope for them. Best bet is to get rid of the grub in your yard that the moles are eating. Get rid of the grubs, get rid of the moles. You can get stuff at southern states to apply to your yard to kill the grubs. I think I saw something there for moles too.

R

rhumbpunch

Originally posted by Pete
:burning: The vermin started in the corner and have now gone all the way out to the middle.

Where can I get traps? Any other method? Flame thrower? Grenades?

Moles love grubs.

If your yard is infested with grubs, the moles put on the feed bag. If you are not opposed to chemical lawn treatments, apply grub-X.
Might take a while. Not sure how effective traps are. They even have a sound emitting type device, that is suppose to drive the moles bonkers.

Kind of like having to listen to Brtittney Spears over and over.

Pete

Repete
Re: Re: Moles are destroying my yard !!

Originally posted by Sharon
Got Glock? :cheesy:
Browning. I took Chopper the wonder cat out and showed him where the moles are and he just went back on the deck and took a nap. Maybe he is getting too much food?

Last edited:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: Moles are destroying my yard !!

I took Chopper the wonder cat out and showed him where the moles are and he just went back on the dek and took a nap. ?
:roflmao:

S

Shutterbug

I've got a huge grub/mole problem in my yard, too, but I always worry about trying a chemical to get rid of the grubs. Don't the chemicals hurt your pets? (I have a dog).

Pete

Repete
I could sit out there in a lwn chair with a frog gig and a flashlight and wait for the sub terranian terror to start burrowing. When they get to digging is it appearant enough to notice? This little bastard has some long tunnels.

Aimhigh2000

Oy Vey!

I had the rodents in my yard, a bag of Scotts summer guard and then two weeks later some grub killer and *poof* no more moles. My lawn is thick and green and no more pests. Just make sure you follow the directions, make sure you water it in good. You should see results in about a week.

R

rhumbpunch

I could sit out there in a lwn chair with a frog gig and a flashlight and wait for the sub terranian terror to start burrowing. When they get to digging is it appearant enough to notice? This little bastard has some long tunnels.

Hey Carl,

Ever seen CaddyShack?

Pete

Repete
Re: Oy Vey!

Originally posted by Aimhigh2000
I had the rodents in my yard, a bag of Scotts summer guard and then two weeks later some grub killer and *poof* no more moles. My lawn is thick and green and no more pests. Just make sure you follow the directions, make sure you water it in good. You should see results in about a week.
Don't recon I will need to water it with this weather. I just fertilized it a couple weeks ago so maybe I need to get some grub killer today. I suppose removing the food source is good enough, I have to admit I was looking forward to exacting some revenge for the torn up yard on the vermin.

Pete's weekend project
Thinkingof_.gif

Pete

Repete
Well yesterday I put out insecicide that kills all the typical bugs, grubs, ants, fleas, ticks and many more. Since I didn't want the vermin to have free run for another week until the food source died off I also went and bought a mole trap. Set it up yesterday afternoon, went out on the deck to enjoy a cup of coffee this morning and saw it was tripped. Went and checked...........The mole has been

TERMINATED.......YA

Nasty looking critter about 3 inches down. Head shot......BWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHA

Last edited:
K

Kizzy

WTG :clap:

:killingme I guess the battle between man and mole is over at least for a little while.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Get yourself two pigs, they tear the hell out of your yard the first year to get at all the grubs, but then, voila, no more grubs, and no more moles, and the pigs stop digging holes in the yard because all the grubs are gone. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Christy
Get yourself two pigs, they tear the hell out of your yard the first year to get at all the grubs, but then, voila, no more grubs, and no more moles, and the pigs stop digging holes in the yard because all the grubs are gone. :shrug:
Great idea! I could also let Pete borrow my two killers - they'll get rid of moles, mice, birds, frogs, other cats, dogs and any small children that happen to wander into their turf. :yay:

Pete

Repete
I got another one last Friday. I enjoyed a mole free week before another one came in and started tearing up the yard. This one was much bigger. I got home Friday and the little ba$tard had gone to work. Huge ridges, furrows the works. I set the trap figuring I would get him that night and walked over to the neighbors to visit. Came back about 40 minutes later and the trap was sprung. The varmint was there while I was setting the trap and tried to make a run for it. SHWACK, TORSO SHOT, I dug it up and it wasn't dead yet so I dispatched it with a hammer blow to the mellon. NAsty critter, twice as big as the first one and almost all black. BWAAAHAHAHA