Looking for Certified Used Dodge Dakota...

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Something between 2000-2003, Quad Cab (4 Dr), with under 30,000 miles. Not white (shows too much dirt) or red (draws speeding tickets). Price range $10K-$16K. 4WD would be bonus. Must come with some warranty.

Dodge Ram would work too, but I doubt I'll be able to find one in my price range.

If anyone happens to spot any while going by or to a local dealer, please give me a shout out.

tater

Originally posted by sleuth
Something between 2000-2003, Quad Cab (4 Dr), with under 30,000 miles. Not white (shows too much dirt) or red (draws speeding tickets). Price range $10K-$16K. 4WD would be bonus. Must come with some warranty.

Actually, white is the best for not showing dirt. Black is the worst. I have a 2002 I'll sell ya. Bought it new, have taken good care of it and has lotsa extras. (tinted winders, nerf bars, Line-X liner, K&N filter, rainguards, oh and dual exhaust :yay:

It's graphite metallic (grey, or is it gray), 45,000 miles (mostly highway), not under warranty but excellent condition inside and out, 4WD, power everything, automatic, 4.7 V-8, AND it already has a "redneck" sticker on it :wink:.

tater

Oh, and it's a quad also. You've probably seen it. Somewhere on this forum, there is a snow-covered pic of it. :biggrin:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Thanks Tater... but this is going to be the first "new" used car I ever buy. A warranty and the low mileage are my hard and fast requirements. Thanks though.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Thanks Tater... but this is going to be the first "new" used car I ever buy. A warranty and the low mileage are my hard and fast requirements. Thanks though.

That is low mileage for a 2002. Almost 3 years old, that works out to less than 20K a year.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by cattitude
That is low mileage for a 2002. Almost 3 years old, that works out to less than 20K a year.

I've seen a few at Carmax.com that have less than $30K on 01s and 02s...

However, I know Carmax doesn't bargain, and their prices are slightly higher. And since I don't have a trade-in and because I'm not financing the car, I'm in a position where I feel I can bargain effectively at other dealers, too.

I will probably end up going to Carmax anyway... but I figured I'd shop around too. And I want the warranty.

Roy

because I'm not financing the car, I'm in a position where I feel I can bargain effectively
Why would that make any difference to someone selling a car? Don't they get paid up front either way?

Roy

In fact, a lot of places get MORE MONEY when you finance because they can steer you into less desirable loans and get kickbacks, so wouldn't the fact that you want to pay cash give you LESS bargaining power?

tater

Suture self, but i bet it won't have all the cool shiznit mines' got, plus you don't know if someone used cheapazz oil in it (or even if they ever changed it), or abused the he!! out of it. I take good care of mine. (except when I was doing donuts through the neighborhood when it snowed)

:cheesy:

Roy

Dodge Ram would work too, but I doubt I'll be able to find one in my price range.

If anyone happens to spot any while going by or to a local dealer, please give me a shout out.
I found one. I will sell you the link for $50 up front so I know you are serious plus a 1% of the final sales price finders fee. PM me.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by Roy
In fact, a lot of places get MORE MONEY when you finance because they can steer you into less desirable loans and get kickbacks, so wouldn't the fact that you want to pay cash give you LESS bargaining power?

I plan on keeping that little tidbit of info. to myself until a final price is agreed on. Then... voila! ...Out comes my money.

Why I believe it puts me in an advantageous position is because they won't be able to steer me into less desirable loans. I'll make them agree on a price before I tell them how I'm paying for it.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by tater
Suture self, but i bet it won't have all the cool shiznit mines' got, plus you don't know if someone used cheapazz oil in it (or even if they ever changed it), or abused the he!! out of it. I take good care of mine. (except when I was doing donuts through the neighborhood when it snowed)

That's true.. :smile: ...but I'm not about cool shiznit. The only enhancements I plan on putting in mine is a spray-on bedliner and bed cover, and a CD radio if it doesn't come standard.

What I want most is something that I know is going to be reliable, and if not, I want it to be covered under warranty.

I appreciate your offer though.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Re: Looking for Certified Used Dodge Dakota...

Originally posted by Roy
I found one. I will sell you the link for $50 up front so I know you are serious plus a 1% of the final sales price finders fee. PM me.

Check's in the mail. Link please? :biggrin:

SamSpade

I had to comment.

This is what *I* drive. Metallic Gold/Beige, 4WD, under 30k. I love it.

Sorry, not for sale. But good luck.

Ponytail

AutoTrader is your friend

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Originally posted by tater
Oh, and it's a quad also. You've probably seen it. Somewhere on this forum, there is a snow-covered pic of it. :biggrin:
Remember that time we :gossip: in the back seat during :gossip: and :gossip: was watching? :really:

No? :confused:

Neither do I...:lmao:

Sorry, Tater...I couldn't resist. :kiss:

Pete

Repete
Do yourself a favor and if you are going to buy a truck get a real truck. A full size chevy or GMC or even a Ford. Why pay the same cash for 2/3 of a truck that gets the same milage, is less comfortable and you cannot carry a sheet of plywood in? Get yourself a Chevy Silverado 2WD Ext cab or a GMC Sierra 2 WD ext cab. You will be very happy.

I avoid Dodge because they are cheap, there are a million of them, they get worse milage than a comperable Chevy or GMC, less power and more headaches.

I am biased toward GM, but I am not kiiding about skipping a Dakota and getting a full size. It is well worth it.

Originally posted by Pete
I am biased toward GM since they come in such a lovely array of delicious colors, but I am not kiiding about skipping a Dakota and getting a full size. It is well worth it.