Neat Places

watercolor

yeah yeah
I am looking for some really neat/cool places to go for a 1st anniversary. It will have to be within the driving area of the surrounding states. We will be able to leave from Sept 18-21.

Just wanted to get some ideas..maybe something you did. We were thinking of trying to do the Colonial Williamsburg thing again- BUT- I think we just want to leave that memory there- as just that. Maybe go back at a different time- and try something different.

Anywhere in-
Pennsylvannia
Va
NJ
maybe even W. Va.

Thanks!!!

Vince

Search the internet for resort type places in the Pocono Mts. in PA. There's a boatload of em.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Hubby and I usually drive out for a day trip to Luray every year for our anniversary. There is a lot of nice stuff to see over there so I'm sure you could make a weekend out of it. If you go, make sure you stop by Cooters!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I would say you could head up to WV and go rafting, or canoeing (it's awesome to just pack a lunch and canoe around all day), my aunt owns an outdoor center up there. But she just put it on the market, don't know how long it will take to sell. :ohwell:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Niagra Falls.... yes of course.. but we are going there already next May! :smile:

We are going to luray caverns and other things. We are going to be staying at the Comfort Inn in a suite. :smile: Yay! Ok

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by Nickel
I would say you could head up to WV and go rafting, or canoeing (it's awesome to just pack a lunch and canoe around all day), my aunt owns an outdoor center up there. But she just put it on the market, don't know how long it will take to sell. :ohwell:

:yeahthat:

By the way, I think I'm going rafting next Spring (for the third time). You, Dustin, and company should think about tagging along.:wink:

SamSpade

We've decided to try to keep going to Chincoteague on the anniversary of our engagement, which conveniently is always around Labor Day. It's a very quiet little town with access to a quiet beach on Assateague. We love the place.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Well janey- we are trying to make a long weekend of it. But I am glad you thought that was fun.

I think we have it folks. We are going to Luray. We are still feathering through the hotels. But, the weekend we are going down- they are having the shennendoah(sp) music festival... along with some other things! We are going to do the caverns, and skyline drive. I will take pictures for those who are interested. (still havent gotten my digi fixed. And I need too really bad,... I am having withdrawls)

Thanks for all the ideas!