Come to Wyoming!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's amazing here!

Yesterday we drove to Montana and did the BearTooth Highway scenic drive. It was intense because of the twisties and turnies, not to mention the surrounding area is so devoid of people that you feel like you're the only person on earth.

DSCN2005.JPG

I swear we took that picture and it's not a professional shot or edited in any way. You cannot get a bad angle on this place. They have these little signs along the roads - "Scenic View -->" and we're like, um, yeah, the whole state is a scenic view. The other destinations on our itinerary are going to really have to work to outdo Wyoming and Montana because this is even more gorgeous than Black Hills area, which I did not think was possible.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It's amazing here!

Yesterday we drove to Montana and did the BearTooth Highway scenic drive. It was intense because of the twisties and turnies, not to mention the surrounding area is so devoid of people that you feel like you're the only person on earth.

View attachment 114841

I swear we took that picture and it's not a professional shot or edited in any way. You cannot get a bad angle on this place. They have these little signs along the roads - "Scenic View -->" and we're like, um, yeah, the whole state is a scenic view. The other destinations on our itinerary are going to really have to work to outdo Wyoming and Montana because this is even more gorgeous than Black Hills area, which I did not think was possible.

That's an awesome photo!

Thank goodness we weren't in the back seat riding on that highway! :jameo:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Snow in September?

From Montana State Department of Transportation website:
Beartooth Pass closed at the stateline starting on September 18, 2016 at 09:30 AM
NPS is reporting blizzard like conditions on top of the pass on the Wyoming side. Very icy roads and snowing with zero visibility. Updates will be given as they occur. If you go up the pass on the the Montana side you will need to turn around and return to Red Lodge.
http://mdt.mt.gov/travinfo/alerts.shtml

Bann

PREMO Member
From Montana State Department of Transportation website:
Beartooth Pass closed at the stateline starting on September 18, 2016 at 09:30 AM
NPS is reporting blizzard like conditions on top of the pass on the Wyoming side. Very icy roads and snowing with zero visibility. Updates will be given as they occur. If you go up the pass on the the Montana side you will need to turn around and return to Red Lodge.
http://mdt.mt.gov/travinfo/alerts.shtml

:jameo: :jameo: :jameo: Y'all made it out just in time!!!! :yikes:

Bann

PREMO Member
Good thing we went when we did. It was a glorious day, in the 70s, but when we hit about 9-10,000 elevation it got COLD. In the mid-40s.

That's how it was on the Jesus, Mary& Joseph highway. :jameo: It was more overcast overall, though.