Greetings fom Myrtle Beach!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We were supposed to be at the campground for two weeks, but Monello had a Drs appt, so we came down last week by car and stayed at an underwhelming La Quinta, and now we're back in the motorhome for the first leg of our winter/spring adventure.

We're at Ocean Lakes campground, which is just south of MB, and WE LOVE IT HERE!!! It's like a small town, with all sorts of community activities going on and nice amenities. Our campsite is about a block off the ocean. This afternoon we went for a nice long bike ride and saw the sights. This sounds stupid, but I'm pretty excited that they have a full service laundromat right here - usually it's just a couple of washers and dryers that campers are stalking. They have a bunch of bingo here, and ceramics classes, but also yoga, aerobics, and Tuesday I'm going to an essential oil gift making class.

There are a TON of campsites (859, to be exact), and even more rental homes. It's a HUGE campground, very well maintained, with deluxe bath houses. We're off season, so it's not crowded but apparently it becomes a madhouse in the summer, which is the same for pretty much all of Myrtle Beach.

Now I wish I'd booked us in here for a month. Oh well, I'll know better next time.

Roman

It sounds like fun! Enjoy!!
We were supposed to be at the campground for two weeks, but Monello had a Drs appt, so we came down last week by car and stayed at an underwhelming La Quinta, and now we're back in the motorhome for the first leg of our winter/spring adventure.

We're at Ocean Lakes campground, which is just south of MB, and WE LOVE IT HERE!!! It's like a small town, with all sorts of community activities going on and nice amenities. Our campsite is about a block off the ocean. This afternoon we went for a nice long bike ride and saw the sights. This sounds stupid, but I'm pretty excited that they have a full service laundromat right here - usually it's just a couple of washers and dryers that campers are stalking. They have a bunch of bingo here, and ceramics classes, but also yoga, aerobics, and Tuesday I'm going to an essential oil gift making class.

There are a TON of campsites (859, to be exact), and even more rental homes. It's a HUGE campground, very well maintained, with deluxe bath houses. We're off season, so it's not crowded but apparently it becomes a madhouse in the summer, which is the same for pretty much all of Myrtle Beach.

Now I wish I'd booked us in here for a month. Oh well, I'll know better next time.

NextJen

Raisin cane
We're off season, so it's not crowded but apparently it becomes a madhouse in the summer, which is the same for pretty much all of Myrtle Beach.

Yes, when we were there in July for Mustang Week, the traffic at the light getting into and out of that place was AWFUL!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Belvak and her husband joined us for the night Friday and we hit the Bowery down by the boardwalk, which is always fun. We also went to Suck Bang Blow, which was sold to us as a rough biker bar, but that description is overblown. It's definitely a biker bar, but I wouldn't call it rough. It reminds me of Gilligan's over in Pope's Creek. I've been in rough biker bars, and sorry SBB, but you've got a ways to go before you get to that level. :lol:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Just now catching up on Forum news. I haz a bad cold :sick: :( and was also in the midst of getting a new(to me) car. Right in the middle of all the usual December goings-on. :lol:

Your place in Myrtle sounded like an RVer's paradise! Can't wait to see more pix of your place in Charleston! :getdown: