Do You Know Your Candidate?

K

Kain99

Interesting question this month.... It is looking like many of you feel that the candidates are not making it easy to know who thay are and where they stand. What are your suggestions for getting to the bottom line. What should they do to get the word out to the people?

tater

Idea

Ummmm, they could buy us all round at Catamaran's. Oh Oh, and some of those buffalo shrimp. :wink: :yum:

tater

Sorry, I wasn't being serious before. All this political stuff is just too political for me. I'll bow out now. Again.... my apologies. I'm just in a silly mood. :wink:

K

Kain99

Questions

O.K. so the point here isn't that we haven't heard all of the rhetoric... The point is we don't belive it.

What would happen if a candidate came forward and said look, I have a terrible past... I was a jerk... I'm running for office and I plan on fighting for my personal special interest. To be honest I have no way of relateing to you little people.

Is that the honesty we want? Is it better to ride on the wings of the fairy tale and hope that somewhere deep down the candidates really do care?

J

justhangn

Originally posted by cariblue
The candidates are not going to play nice, they're not going to be honest, and they're going to screw us once they're in office.

and a free container of KY with every vote!

This has been your reality check for the day! :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have to tell you, Kain, if some candidate came out and said all that, I'd vote for him/her in a second! Honesty goes a long way with me. At least you know what you're getting.

K

Kain99

My Guy

My guy is a Republican, I promised my self that I would not use this forum to pump him up or take advantage of the people here by bombarding them with my opinions regarding him. I guess all of us have "our guy"

He and I do not share the same opinions regarding his running mates. He is much nicer than I could ever dream of being. :razz2:

What I will tell you is that there is at least one candidate who really honestly cares about St. Marys County.

What you see is what you get! No lies, No special interest, No ulterior motive. I do truly belive that things can be diffrent.

I just have we all have the chance to see it change together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
How about if a candidate said this? "Look, I'm out to make myself and my friends richer while I'm in office. But in return for that, I'll make sure government works for you. No long lines at the MVA, no hassles at the zoning office."

SxyPrincess

Re: My Guy

Originally posted by Kain99

What you see is what you get! No lies, No special interest, No ulterior motive. I do truly belive that things can be diffrent.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that the statement like the one above is BS. We are talking politics here, right? There will always be a special interest, ulterior motive...etc. Sure, things can be different but IMHO every political candidate/politician is a snake. :rolleyes: Some just happen to keep their skeletons hidden better. :cool:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Every once in a while, I believe, there really is some idealistic fool who actually runs because he's sick of the flotsam on the ticket, feels a really important issue is being ignored, etc.

Unfortunately if he makes it to office... Within a few years, he'll be as compromised and beholden to the money machines as any other politician.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Did you ever see Bulworth, where Warren Beatty says to the crowd of black voters, "Hey, I just said those things so you'd vote for me. Once I was elected, my cronies and I went off for drinks and promptly forgot all about you people"? Thinking people know that's reality. It's the other 99% of our population you have to worry about. :duh:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Kyle
Every once in a while, I believe, there really is some idealistic fool who actually runs because he's sick of the flotsum on the ticket, feels a really important issue is being ignored, etc.

Unfortunately if he makes it to office... Within a few years, he'll be as comprimised and beholden to the money machines as any other politician.

I vote me for Congress, I want to be a rich, useless B!!

K

Kain99

As my Stomach Turns

Originally posted by Kyle

Unfortunately if he makes it to office... Within a few years, he'll be as compromised and beholden to the money machines as any other politician.

Wow Kyle.... I hope that your wrong but somewhere deep down in my stomach I'm afraid you might be right.

Is it Naive to dream?:bawl:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Every once in a while, I believe, there really is some idealistic fool who actually runs because he's sick of the flotsam on the ticket, feels a really important issue is being ignored, etc.

There was one! Chris Brugman. Too bad he's not running! :bawl:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Christy

There was one! Chris Brugman. Too bad he's not running! :bawl:
Yeah. I voted for Chris the last time he ran.

After the flack over the DUI incident, I don't think he'll be running in any future elections.

K

Kizzy

DUI incident

They keep lowering the B.A.C. lower and lower. IT doesn't take much to be considered D.U.I. now ------ nor D.W.I. for that matter. A D.U.I. is when an officer thought they had too much to drink or just smelled booze, but once they got back to the station the D.W.I. level wasn't enough.

So, they slap you with a D.U.I charge

:whip:

Last edited by a moderator:

STMLADY

Re: Cariblue

Originally posted by Kain99
Cariblue don't ever let anyone tell you that your not on target at least 90% of the time.

My agenda.... is to support my candidate. I guess I'm hoping to learn something from you guys so that I can take it back to him and say hey...Here's the deal, get out there and show them all what your made of!

Until recently, I thought that we had done a great job of reaching the masses.

The smart comments above were of course pointing to Mckay. I think about his situation and think wow he's really stuck in a hard place. What can he do? Variblonde has a great point.... Tell the truth it's easier to swallow.

"Until Recently I thought that we had done a great job of reaching the masses." Your candidate didn't answer a single question that was asked of him at a meeting I invited him to speak. He changed is position to meet the people that were there. AND he began by saying he wasn't the typical politician!

"Stuck in a hard place" How can he be stuck in a hard place he won the primary. Most people can't stand Julie. So he pretty much has the election won.

AND what is with that cheesy mustash!

STMLADY

OPPS

Okay I have no clue who you are and everyone knows who I am by your comments I thought you were supporting McKay...I must be mistaken So I stand corrected.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
How about if a candidate said this? "Look, I'm out to make myself and my friends richer while I'm in office. But in return for that, I'll make sure government works for you. No long lines at the MVA, no hassles at the zoning office."

[The Simpsons, on working at the MVA.]

Patty: Somedays we don't let the line move at all.
Selma: Yeah, we call those WEEKdays.