Crabs

grandpa

Went over to PAX today and hit some of the crabbing places. Came home with thirty keepers, released a lot too. This was within a 3 hour period. Great day for Granny and me.

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
grandpa said:
Went over to PAX today and hit some of the crabbing places. Came home with thirty keepers, released a lot too. This was within a 3 hour period. Great day for Granny and me.

I ran a trotline in the lagoon on PAX one time as a boy and had great success. Does that place still have good crabbing? :confused:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Anyone tried using chicken necks at Point Lookout? I went over the weekend, and saw a few, but couldn't tell how many crabs they caught, and didn't bother asking.

Where are good places to crab without a boat? :confused:

D

dutch6

Chasey_Lane said:
Anyone tried using chicken necks at Point Lookout? I went over the weekend, and saw a few, but couldn't tell how many crabs they caught, and didn't bother asking.

If you have access to the base there are a lot of good places. My favorite is the TPS pier.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Chasey_Lane said:

My pier is a GREAT spot.. but it will cost ya!! :twitch:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Chasey_Lane said:

My son and a neighbor went just scooped off the pilings at Pax, and got 3 dozen, many doublers with peelers and softies on 'em~ :cheers: made EXTRA YUMMY by a KOLD Coors light!!

MikeyBash

grandpa said:

Can you give us some specifics? What crabbing places did you hit? Did you use traps, troutline, or just chicken necks on a string? Were they nice sized?

K

KaZamm1061

The best place on base i found was Hogs point, Drop a lantern over the side and wait for the tide to change. They hit the top and you scoop them up At Night time but since the hurricanie it is now gone.. Although i did see they had a new one to put in it's place. No More wood. They went with concrete this time.. Cant wait till they put it in place. It was a good fishing spot too. Might go tonight..