Babs Babbling!

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Why does Babs draw so much flak? The same reason Hillary and Oprah do. People like these three are convinced that it's all about them.

Writer Harlan Ellison has a great story about Babs:

Ellison tried cabaret singing for a while in the early 1960s. One night he and Streisand were on the same bill. He quickly grew to dislike her. During the night, the club would pass a hat to collect tips for the singers. Well, at the end of the night Babs takes all the money, about $42.

Years later Ellison, having become a successful scriptwriter, is approached to write a movie that would star Streisand. When he founds out who the star will be, he turns the offer down, saying he would never work with her. "And another thing, that b***h still owes me 21 dollars!"

K

Kain99

Disappointed

I was hoping this thread was about Babara Thompson... The areas favorite Babs! Around here we call her Skeletor !

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Snopes.Com has had that phony Caesar quote listed as False for a long time: http://www.snopes.com/quotes/caesar.htm

So to give Her Babsness the benefit of the doubt, maybe she's the type of person who believes everything she reads in her Inbox. Next, she could blather on about Bill Gates giving away $1,000 to people who test an e-mail tracking system! :lol:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Tonio
... Next, she could blather on about Bill Gates giving away $1,000 to people who test an e-mail tracking system! :lol:
Or about how the GOP is ignoring the plight of "Billy the bodyless boy"... :lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I like the Headline

Babs bungles Bard in bashing Bush

People who misquote people are the unluckiest people in the world. Liberal activist Barbra Streisand has been mocked for incorrectly attributing to William Shakespeare a quote in her anti-war speech at Sunday's National Democratic Gala. The quote begins, "Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor." Cyber-gossip columnist Matt Drudge revealed it as an Internet hoax. On her Web site, Streisand admitted she was fooled: "Whoever wrote this is damn talented and should be writing their own play."

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Hillary's Ghana Goof

Originally posted by vraiblonde
http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,39346,00.html

My favorite was when neither Hillary Clinton nor Rick Lazio knew about the email tax hoax that had been going on forever. Politicians and celebrities are the most out of touch people, I swear!
:duh:Can anyone confirm this story I caught a snippet of on the O'reilly Factor last week? It seems a woman from Ghana entered the U.S. on a temporary visa, 6 or 8 months ago , and sought assylum here from deportation.
Her grounds were that her country was practicing Genital Genocide(sterilization), and did not want to be forced to go back. The INS was trying to indeed deport her as her visa ran out. She, in the meantime, enlisted support from Sens. Hillary Clinton and Chas Schumer from N.Y., and several national womens groups. They championed her cause, OH the Horror, trying to keep her here. Turns out the woman stole the visa belonging to another Ghana native to get here!
Neither Clinton or Schumer or the womens groups ever checked her story out!! penncam

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Re: Hillary's Ghana Goof

Originally posted by penncam
:duh:Can anyone confirm this story I caught a snippet of on the O'reilly Factor last week? It seems a woman from Ghana entered the U.S. on a temporary visa, 6 or 8 months ago , and sought assylum here from deportation.
Her grounds were that her country was practicing Genital Genocide(sterilization), and did not want to be forced to go back. The INS was trying to indeed deport her as her visa ran out. She, in the meantime, enlisted support from Sens. Hillary Clinton and Chas Schumer from N.Y., and several national womens groups. They championed her cause, OH the Horror, trying to keep her here. Turns out the woman stole the visa belonging to another Ghana native to get here!
Neither Clinton or Schumer or the womens groups ever checked her story out!! penncam

Confirmed. I heard that too on The Factor.

Speaking of which, The Radio Factor starts on WJFK tomorrow at noon.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Hillary's Ghana Goof

Originally posted by Nodnarb

Confirmed. I heard that too on The Factor.

Speaking of which, The Radio Factor starts on WJFK tomorrow at noon.
:shocked:Thanks Nodnarb; Isn't it curious that this piece has not received more attention on the news channels, the major newspapers and news oriented websites? We're talking MAJOR gaffe here.
None of us, would deny our fine political figures the right to protect, bring attention to, or shed light on an injustice or terrible situation facing an individual or group.
However, having said all that, instead of going off half-cocked, I would expect people of this stature to make an inquiry into the background of this particular case. It's a
very sensitive issue, International implications, reputations in the balance, etc. Yet these dummies went off fully cocked!
Now womens rights are a major political cause - as well as they should be; but get the FACTS straight. Apparently(I'm not 100% sure on this), the INS knew her visa was phony as well as expired, and it only came to light after the Senators made their grandstanding pitch. Penncam