Cheseldine

mizzle

In the hizzle
Including myself... I have three other friends that received a simple oil change from Cheseldine and there after had malfunctions with their vehicle. Has this happened to anyone else.

G

geminigrl

mizzle said:
Including myself... I have three other friends that received a simple oil change from Cheseldine and there after had malfunctions with their vehicle. Has this happened to anyone else.

Nope, I use Mr Tire in leonardtown. Not to sound rude but you sure that the vehicle didn't have malfunctions before the oil change?

mizzle

In the hizzle
geminigrl said:
Nope, I use Mr Tire in leonardtown. Not to sound rude but you sure that the vehicle didn't have malfunctions before the oil change?

yeah im sure. Actually as soon as they gave me my key back my check engine light was on the moment I turned on the engine. It could be a coincidence...... thats why I'm asking for others experinces. Plus they did not change my air filter, or refill my windshield fluid. (both of which I paid for)

G

geminigrl

mizzle said:
yeah im sure. Actually as soon as they gave me my key back my check engine light was on the moment I turned on the engine. It could be a coincidence...... thats why I'm asking for others experinces. Plus they did not change my air filter, or refill my windshield fluid. (both of which I paid for)

Oh ok, just remember i wasn't trying to be rude. Call back and let the manager know what happened. So other then the check engine light coming on, what else is wrong? And I wouldn't go there anymore, I have good experience with Mr tire.

mainman

Set Trippin
mizzle said:
Plus they did not change my air filter, or refill my windshield fluid. (both of which I paid for)
At which point you immediatly brought this to their attention and they rectified the situation? :confused:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Every so often you get a bad technician in there. Talk directly to Johnny - the owner - and he'll make things right with no charge.

G

geminigrl

mainman said:
At which point you immediatly brought this to their attention and they rectified the situation? :confused:

Yea, I would have taken it back and showed them the receipt and what wasn't done, and hopefully gotten it fixed.

mizzle

In the hizzle
mainman said:

Instantly, they said I could bring it by and they could look at it. The end result was I need my O2 sensors replace, which I can do myself the labor was too expensive a long with the amount they were charging for the parts. They claimed the air filter did not need to be changed. I will give them another shot, like I said it could be just a coincidence, at least I hope.

mizzle

In the hizzle
bresamil said:
Every so often you get a bad technician in there. Talk directly to Johnny - the owner - and he'll make things right with no charge.

Thanxs, If something goes wrong again I'll ask for the owner/Johnny.

G

geminigrl

mizzle said:
Instantly, they said I could bring it by and they could look at it. The end result was I need my O2 sensors replace, which I can do myself the labor was too expensive a long with the amount they were charging for the parts. They claimed the air filter did not need to be changed. I will give them another shot, like I said it could be just a coincidence, at least I hope.

But if the air filter didn't need to be changed, why did they charge you? Hope you get the problem fixed, and I would go somewhere else and get a second opinion, auto zone did do free tests when your check engine light came on, not sure if they still do. .

G

geminigrl

mizzle said:
It came with the Oil change deal/package. They were aslo supposed to lube it, but I did not check that.

I thought that most of those oil change deals, just had the oil and oil filter? I didn't think air filter was part of the deal, unless they checked it and it needed to be changed. :ohwell:

mizzle

In the hizzle
geminigrl said:
I thought that most of those oil change deals, just had the oil and oil filter? I didn't think air filter was part of the deal, unless they checked it and it needed to be changed. :ohwell:

Just called them up, they check it during the oil change and charge you if it needs it, So either I miss read the receipt or they charged me incorrectly. I appreciate the input, but I was looking for others who had similiar experiences as mine. I could care less about the air filter, I want to rule them out as causing a several hundred dollar problem with my car, I really like them and have never had a problem before, but again thanks for the input it was helpful.

G

geminigrl

mizzle said:
Just called them up, they check it during the oil change and charge you if it needs it, So either I miss read the receipt or they charged me incorrectly. I appreciate the input, but I was looking for others who had similiar experiences as mine. I could care less about the air filter, I want to rule them out as causing a several hundred dollar problem with my car, I really like them and have never had a problem before, but again thanks for the input it was helpful.

Curious was this the first oil change you had done by them?

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
My family has never had a problem with them, we all use them. But then again, my parents know the owner, so maybe they just take really good care of us because of that.

mizzle

In the hizzle
Ehesef said:
My family has never had a problem with them, we all use them. But then again, my parents know the owner, so maybe they just take really good care of us because of that.

I guess I will just give them another try unless anyone has any good suggestions for another service center.

G

geminigrl

mizzle said:
nope, I would say it was the 3rd..maybe

Oh ok, so I guess it could have been them or just that it was time for a new O2 censor.

Well good luck.

G

geminigrl

mizzle said:
I guess I will just give them another try unless anyone has any good suggestions for another service center.

I use and like Mr Tire in leonardtown, never had any problems. You can keep using the place you are now and see how it goes or try Mr Tire.