Buffalo Wings and Beer

SamSpade

I just saw on the web that there's a new Buffalo Wings and Beer in St. Mary's Square. Is that true? Is it open yet? It's my favorite place for wings up near DC.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
SamSpade said:
I just saw on the web that there's a new Buffalo Wings and Beer in St. Mary's Square. Is that true? Is it open yet? It's my favorite place for wings up near DC.

I heard this rumor at Tiki last night.

Danzig

They have not went in front of the liquor board for a license yet so if they open it will just be Chicken Wings and NO beer. I would guess close to a month to open, based on the license, that’s just my guess.

SamSpade

Thanks! I just saw on one thread a reference to "Chicken Wings and Beer" and thought "that sounds a LOT like "BUFFALO Wings and Beer". Does it have the word "Chicken" on the marquee, or did someone just write the name down wrong?

Danzig

I had just drove by and I saw wings and beer, so when I first posted I kwew it was Something Wings and Beer. The menu looks good and the specials look better. I did not see liquor on the menu, do the other locations have liquor? or just Beer and Wine. For the location I would not sell liquor either. Now if they can just keep the trash out it should do well.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
bw and beer should be open in about a week or 2. no beer will be sold tempoarily while waiting on license. menu looks great and prices seem good. hope it does better than the last fewin the same location.

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
baileydog said:
bw and beer should be open in about a week or 2. no beer will be sold tempoarily while waiting on license. menu looks great and prices seem good. hope it does better than the last fewin the same location.

Nothing that has opened in that space has lasted long. The menu does look pretty good though.

SamSpade

elaine said:
Hooter's sux.

Hey I know that Terry Clark song:

We can’t wait to hear about your round of golf
We love to see deer heads hanging on the wall
And we like Hooter’s for their hotwings too

mAlice

professional daydreamer
SamSpade said:
Hey I know that Terry Clark song:

We can’t wait to hear about your round of golf
We love to see deer heads hanging on the wall
And we like Hooter’s for their hotwings too

The hooters gals could walk around naked and they still wouldn't have good food.

SamSpade

They can walk around naked? COOL!

My point exactly, hence the song "Girls Lie Too".

I'm a BIG fan of chicken wings, and even that is an understatement - I've had weeks where that's almost the only thing I've eaten. And I always try the wings in every restaurant I go to. You're right - Hooter's wings aren't much to write home about.

But that ain't why people go.

mainman

Set Trippin
SamSpade said:
They can walk around naked? COOL!

My point exactly, hence the song "Girls Lie Too".

I'm a BIG fan of chicken wings, and even that is an understatement - I've had weeks where that's almost the only thing I've eaten. And I always try the wings in every restaurant I go to. You're right - Hooter's wings aren't much to write home about.

But that ain't why people go.
Soooooooo if you are a wing expert, where does one get a good wing at? :confused:

G

geminigrl

mainman said:
Soooooooo if you are a wing expert, where does one get a good wing at? :confused:

I'm not an expert, but I make my own wings most of the time, I buy the wings and get a mix and cook them. And I also like the wings from Uno in waldorf.

SamSpade

mainman said:

I'm not an "expert", and as far as choices, everyone's different. For example, Ruby's wings usually come out soaking in sauce - I *HATE* that. Applebees has some pretty good wings, as does Outback, but Outbacks's wings are closer to just normal fried chicken. Damon's wings have just way too much breading for me to enjoy, but some people prefer their wings that way. Stoney's wings were ok, but you go there for the crabcakes and chowder anyway. And I kinda like the wings at Fastop too.

Hooter's really has mediocre wings, to be honest, which is weird because other than the obvious, it's what they're supposed to be famous for.

My favorite has always been the BW&B's wings, and my parents live within about 3 miles of TWO of them, and my sister and I used to pretty much dine out on just their carryout (because for me, her, and her daughter, one 5 lb box was usually enough).

mAlice

professional daydreamer
mainman said:

I'm not an expert, and perfect wings are a matter of taste. My favorite wings are made in my kitchen, my recipe.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The wings at Jethro's were pretty good but not spicy enough. Then I nabbed some of 2A's hot sauce and one little tiny pinch set my whole face on fire. :lol:

We have a place up here called JayBird's that has wings from 1 to 10. The 7s are perfect and the 8s are a smidge much. I like it hot but not painful.