Hey Appy!

watercolor

yeah yeah
I am in need of some help. We have a rat named Sir Lucas.. we adopted him from pet smart- Our issue is now- that he needs a friend. He is depressed..and its really tearing at us that he is sad. We want another male of course- because we dont want them breeding. I am hoping beyond anything that you might have something- and that we could possibly bring sir lucas over to see how they would interact. he is in need of a friend badly- he is so sad- and we have tried calling pet smart and they are saying not for another month or so should they get one in. :(

Can you help? WE love him to death- we just got him about a 2 weeks ago..and we hate to see him sad.

Summer

K

Kain99

Maybe a small mirror will help...... Maybe Sir Lucas can be tricked into thinking he has a friend! :kiss:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Unfortunately kain... it doesnt work that way. They need the interaction.. and when we got him from petsmart.. they said they would have one in like a week later.. now its a different thing. *sigh*

Ben, the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for
With a friend to call my own
I'll never be alone
And you my friend will see
You've got a friend in me

Ben, you're always running here and there
You feel you're not wanted anywhere
If you ever look behind
And don't like what you find
There's something you should know
You've got a place to go

I used to say
I and me
Now it's us
Now it's we
I used to say
I and me
Now it's us
Now it's we

Ben, most people would turn you away
I don't listen to a word they say
They don't see you as I do
I wish they would try to
I'm sure they'd think again
If they had a friend like Ben
Like Ben
Like Ben

watercolor

yeah yeah
Club'nBabySeals- Well, I already called there, and didnt like the attitude the lady gave me, and she wouldnt allow me to see how they interacted and such. Because if they dont get along obviously I dont want them together. But she was rude. And then proceeded get upset when I told her I didnt want them for feeding. :(

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
:ohwell:

Hm...sorry about that! I used to go there for my fish, and always noticed the large rodent population in the back----It hadn't crossed my mind that they were for feeding!

Well, good luck anyway!

watercolor

yeah yeah
Club'nBabySeals said:
:ohwell:

Hm...sorry about that! I used to go there for my fish, and always noticed the large rodent population in the back----It hadn't crossed my mind that they were for feeding!

Well, good luck anyway!

Yeah, alot of people use them for that. But then there are those of us who give rats love :howdy: But I dont know.Hopefully we find someone who can help us. They say males are not aggressive, as long as you introduce them and such. Thanks for the well wishes.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Well if you get a girl you can always take the babies back to petsmart and tell them they promised the second one was a boy :flowers:

We got my daughter 2 bunnies from the farmers market a month ago...and the Amish boy SAID they were both boys...but....bunny foo-foo spends an awful lot of time...well you know. Anyone want some baby bun-buns? Probably have some for Easter. :ohwell:
At least with rats you KNOW which ones are boys...it's kinda hard to hide them things.... :dead:

watercolor

yeah yeah
appyday said:
This is the only one I have left...had a hair fungus but should be ok in a few weeks let me know what you think

JK

awww.. and what color was his fur before hand? I mean I could care less... but he is adoreable. :) Did you get the email I sent ya?

watercolor

yeah yeah
Even though your ratty is adoreable.. as can be.. and I want him.... LOL ...jesse has chosen to get Sir Lucas neutured first. And then we can think about it again. :ohwell:

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
Rats

Don't forget to check with the Humane Society they had quite a few rats about a week ago, all I saw were black hooded. Also look on www.petfinder.com, there's a rodent rescue in frederick, Small Angels, they always have rats, I think the adoption fee is $5.

Good Luck :)
Stacey

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Kain99 said:
Maybe a small mirror will help...... Maybe Sir Lucas can be tricked into thinking he has a friend! :kiss:

WIll this work for people too?? Maybe I need a mirror in my office!!*S* Or a web-cam!!?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Parrotmomm said:
Don't forget to check with the Humane Society they had quite a few rats about a week ago, all I saw were black hooded. Also look on www.petfinder.com, there's a rodent rescue in frederick, Small Angels, they always have rats, I think the adoption fee is $5.

Good Luck :)
Stacey
If ya buy a black hooded rat... do you have to pay to get it circumsized? what if it's a Jewish hooded rat?